Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error message during boot
Operating Systems SCO Error message during boot Post 303005161 by bill szabo on Saturday 14th of October 2017 08:59:28 AM
Old 10-14-2017
trying to replace diskette with cd rom drive to try use cd - system does recognize new cd rom dirve when booting - not sure which cd I should be trying to use - do not have maintence disk do have install cd - which cd do I need to get to maintence menu
need help not sure where to turn - guys used 10 yrs ago retried on dead!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Linux

Problem in displaying message on RHEL6 on EFI during PXE boot

Hi, I am doing PXE boot for RHEL6.4 on EFI and want to display custom messsage before loading vmlinuz and initrd.img, which is not working. boot server side (In case of BIOS client): In /var/lib/tftpboot/default file I am putting the message in below format: SAY hello world boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indus123
0 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)

NAME
grub-mkrescue -- Generate a GRUB rescue image using GNU Xorriso. SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [-o | --output=FILE] [--modules=MODULES] [--install-modules=MODULES] [--themes=THEMES] [--fonts=FONTS] [--locales=LOCALES] [--compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo]] [-d | --directory=DIR] [--grub-mkimage=FILE] [--rom-directory=DIR] [--xorriso=FILE] [--grub-glue-efi=FILE] [--grub-render-label=FILE] [--label-font=FILE] [--label-color=COLOR] [--label-bgcolor=FILE] [--product-name=STRING] [--product-version=STRING] [--sparc-boot] [--arcs-boot] DESCRIPTION
grub-mkrescue can be used to generate a rescue image with the GRUB bootloader. OPTIONS
--output=FILE Write the generated file to FILE. The default is to write to standard output. --modules=MODULES Pre-load modules specified by MODULES. --install-modules=MODULES Install only MODULES and their dependencies. The default is to install all available modules. --themes=THEMES Install THEMES. The default is to install the starfield theme, if available. --fonts=FONTS Install FONTS. The default is to install the unicode font. --locales=LOCALES Install only locales listed in LOCALES. The default is to install all available locales. --compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo] Compress GRUB files using the specified compression algorithm. --directory=DIR Use images and modules in DIR. --grub-mkimage=FILE Use FILE as grub-mkimage(1). The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkimage. --rom-directory=DIR Save ROM images in DIR. --xorriso=FILE Use FILE as xorriso. --grub-glue-efi=FILE Use FILE as grub-glue-efi(3). --grub-render-label=FILE Use FILE as grub-render-label(3). --label-font=FILE Use FILE as the font file for generated labels. --label-color=COLOR Use COLOR as the color for generated labels. --label-bgcolor=COLOR Use COLOR as the background color for generated labels. --product-name=STRING Use STRING as the product name in generated labels. --product-version=STRING Use STRING as the product version in generated labels. --sparc-boot Enable booting the SPARC platform. This disables HFS+, APM, ARCS, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. --arcs-boot Enable ARCS booting. This is typically for big-endian MIPS machines, and disables HFS+, APM, sparc64, and "boot as disk image" on the i386-pc target platform. -- All options after a -- will be passed directly to xorriso's command line when generating the image. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-MKRESCUE(3)