Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers DHCP Issue Possibly due to Hardware Clock? Post 303005094 by mrm5102 on Thursday 12th of October 2017 03:45:37 PM
Old 10-12-2017
Hey, thanks for the reply.

That's a good idea. Where would be the best place to run the command/script so it executes as soon as possible during the boot process?

Thanks Again,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware (BIOS) clock

Guys could you please tell me which appropriate command is used to set hardware (BIOS) clock so that the system keeps time when it reboots & how it's used. I use Linux Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph kembo
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to reset the hardware clock

Hi all Hi could anyone tell me how i can set the Hardware Clock to the System Time, and set the System Time from the Hardware Clock. i am using RHEL 4.0. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

not able to Send mail due to Security Issue

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from my application through SMTP in solaris 9 but unable to send a mail.Same code is able to send mail in Windows. As unix has more security,So as per me,it is due to security reason.. So please let me know what I need to do to send a mail properly. what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment issue due to day light saving

The date increment worked fine until date reached 25/10, which is DLS change date. /bin/date --date="091025 1 day" +%y%m%d; the output is 091025 Is this a bug or something missing from the code ! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbravo
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

DHCP config issue?

I searched the forum and found a similar question (https://www.unix.com/ip-networking/119108-dhcpd-related-questions.html), but my config is already utilizing the suggested fix... :( My setup: eth0 connected to Motorola DSL Modem via bridged mode (giving the public IP to the interface), IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macwunder
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help in fixing the hangup issue due to nohup command

Hi All, I am very new to unix and to this forum.Suggest me a solution in fixing the below issue. Actually ia m executing java program through script. The command is like java pgm & The above cmd runs the java program continuous as a background thread. This script is executed from a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the two ways the hardware clock can be configured under Linux?

What are the two ways the hardware clock can be configured under Linux? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Due to hardware crash the linux server /sda5 var partation is not able to mount.

Hello Folks, My RHEL 4.3 server got crashed due to hardware crash,system hard disk and motherboard replaced and RAID rebuilt done. while rebooting the server the server is gone into single user mode due to /sda5 var partition not able to mount. Error :- " wrong fs type, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)                               systemd-rc-local-generator                               SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-rc-local-generator - Compatibility generator for starting /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local during boot and shutdown SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-rc-local-generator is a generator that checks whether /etc/rc.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the rc-local.service unit into the boot process. This unit is responsible for running this script during late boot. Note that the script will be run with slightly different semantics than the original System V version, which was run "last" in the boot process, which is a concept that does not translate to systemd. The script is run after network.target, but in parallel with most other regular system services. systemd-rc-local-generator also checks whether /usr/sbin/halt.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the halt-local.service unit into the shutdown process. This unit is responsible for running this script during later shutdown. Support for both /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local is provided for compatibility with specific System V systems only. However, it is strongly recommended to avoid making use of these scripts today, and instead provide proper unit files with appropriate dependencies for any scripts to run during the boot or shutdown processes. systemd-rc-local-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)