Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Type of UNIX applications
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Type of UNIX applications Post 303005093 by drl on Thursday 12th of October 2017 03:32:29 PM
Old 10-12-2017
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton.robidson
...Could you list other types of applications?

Other names of most-used applications ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software
The collective noun application software refers to all applications collectively.[1] This contrasts with system software, which is mainly involved with running the computer.
I would guess that it depneds on your business -- for a start, see Application software - Wikipedia

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing applications/commands on a unix server from a windows PC

i have a network drive (samba) mounted on to my PC and also i have SSH client on my machine. however i need to run applications/commands on a unix server from the middle of a different executable(windows compatable one). so i need to connect to the unix server from SSH through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of security applications UNIX and Windows have in common?

Hi guys, may I know what kind of security applications do UNIX and Windows have in common? This is related to a project that is approaching its deadline, so would you all please be kind enough to help me? Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: austintham
0 Replies

4. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX kernel type?

Hai guys,This is my first question. What type of UNIX kernel is? (W.K.T linux kernel is monolithic) Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version/type

Hi, How can I find out what unix I am using? Thanks C19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check which type of storage is used in unix

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 how can i check the storage type being used in unix solaris sparc system? please help me its urgnet.. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aesgs
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to know the applications

Hi, I have a unix server, I want to know which user applicaions are running on that server. Is there any command ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Developing Applications for UNIX.COM

A number of people have asked me about the best way to develop some cool new web app for UNIX.COM. In today's "very easy web dev" world, developers do not need to be burdened (like I am) to the "back end" of the site. The best way to develop web apps is to build the application on your desktop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia::Entry(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				WWW::Wikipedia::Entry(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia::Entry - A class for representing a Wikipedia Entry SYNOPSIS
my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); my $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); my $entry_es = $entry->language( 'es' ); print $entry_es->text(); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia::Entry objects are usually created using the search() method on a WWW::Wikipedia object to search for a term. Once you've got an entry object you can then extract pieces of information from the entry using the following methods. METHODS
new() You probably won't use this one, it's the constructor that is called behind the scenes with the correct arguments by WWW::Wikipedia::search(). text() The brief text for the entry. This will provide the first paragraph of text; basically everything up to the first heading. Ordinarily this will be what you want to use. When there doesn't appear to be summary text you will be returned the fulltext instead. If text() returns nothing then you probably are looking at a disambiguation entry, and should use related() to lookup more specific entries. text_basic() The same as "text()", but not run through Text::Autoformat. fulltext() Returns the full text for the entry, which can be extensive. fulltext_basic() The same as "fulltext()", but not run through Text::Autoformat. title() Returns a title of the entry. related() Returns a list of terms in the wikipedia that are mentioned in the entry text. categories() Returns a list of categories which the entry is part of. So Perl is part of the Programming languages category. headings() Returns a list of headings used in the entry. raw() Returns the raw wikitext for the entry. language() With no parameters, it will return the current language of the entry. By specifying a two-letter language code, it will return the same entry in that language, if available. languages() Returns an array of two letter language codes denoting the languages in which this entry is available. AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-16 WWW::Wikipedia::Entry(3pm)