Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find -exec How to add additional parameter when calling a funtion Post 303004794 by jcdole on Monday 9th of October 2017 07:33:11 AM
Old 10-09-2017
find -exec How to add additional parameter when calling a funtion

Hello

Current working script is :
Code:
#
# my_script  BEGIN
#

function a_function {

FIRST_PARAM="$1"

DO_SOMETHING "$FIRST_PARAM"

}

export -f  a_function

START_HERE="/home/some_user/Documents"
find $START_HERE"  -exec bash -c 'a_function "$0" ' {}   \;

#
# my_script  END
#

What I need is to have two more parameters in the called function :
Code:
#
# my_script_not working  BEGIN
#

function a_function {

FIRST_PARAM="$1"
SECOND_PARAM="$2"
THIRD_PARAM="$3"

DO_SOMETHING "$FIRST_PARAM" "$SECOND_PARAM" "$THIRD_PARAM"

}

export -f  a_function

START_HERE="/home/some_user/Documents"
VARIABLE_1="VALUE_1"
VARIABLE_2="VALUE_2"

find $START_HERE"  -exec bash -c 'a_function "$0" ' {}  "$VARIABLE_1"   "$VARIABLE_2" \;

#
# my_script_not working   END
#

I have tried to replace " by '
I have tried to remove or not "$0"
I have tried to put "$VARIABLE_1" "$VARIABLE_2" before or after {}

Any help is welcome

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter back to calling program

Hi all, I am running AIX version 4. I have a shell script that is calling another script. I want the called script to obtain a value and pass it back to the calling script. So far, I know that to pass a parameter to a called script is as such: sh proc2.sh $1 $2 etc. What I don't know how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthomas
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter while calling a script

Hello everyone I was asked to pass a parameter in the calling of a script. IŽll have two parameters London and Birmingham and IŽll need to pass this because each of these will have a specific script however with the same name. /home/script/loaddata.ksh Lond /home/script/loaddata.ksh Birm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

| with find -exec

can we use |(pipe operator) with find -exec.....? or can pipe the output of find command to another command...? if not, why...? pls explain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add additional numbers to file

I need to change the following field from: "7/3/2009 7:07:12 PM","12345676","ok","8674" "6/3/2009 8:07:12 PM","12345676","ok","8674" "5/1/2009 7:07:12 PM","12345676","ok","8674" "4/9/2009 3:07:12 AM","12345676","ok","8674" "3/8/2009 3:07:12 PM","12345676","ok","8674" "2/7/2009 4:07:12... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Exec

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to add/remove additional DNS and IP to AIX

Hello, How to add/remove additional DNS and IP to AIX ? I wanted to add 3 more new DNS and IP addresses to existing AIX 5.2. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add a additional column in csv file

Thanks for allwoing me to discuss in this forum GIVEN BELOW A simple shell script which will ask for the user to input a PC name and it will produce the output in CSV with the PC name #! /bin/bash read -p "enter the PC name :" pc #checking for netstat report netstat -pant |sed '1,2d'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayyappancheta
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Find and EXEC

This is a huge issue. and I need it fixed ASAP. account-system gate-system race_traffic_sensor achievement-system global race_voicepack admin glue-system realdriveby admin-system gps realism-system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: austech360
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies

10. AIX

Add additional swap place on AIX server

Can anyone help me the detailed procedure and commands to follow to add additional swap on aix server . My system shows following as of now , #lsattr -E -l sys0 -a realmem realmem 13893632 Amount of usable physical memory in Kbytes False #pstat -s PAGE SPACE: USED PAGES FREE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
7 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)