Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Parameter search script - OLD Post Post 303004763 by RudiC on Sunday 8th of October 2017 01:04:43 PM
Old 10-08-2017
Please be more specific, post the code you want modified and an input sample that represents your real data. Don't have people read to and fro and guess which of the posts referred are meaningful for your new problem and which aren't.

And, will the parameters always come in two? Or more? In the same order? The invoice No. after the vendor (this is relevant, as they are treated diffrently)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple input search and replace script

hi, i want to create a script that will search and replace the values inside a particular file. i have 5 files that i need to change some values inside and i don't want to use vi to edit these files. All the inputted values on the script below will be passed into the files. cho "" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with post:extract multiple columns from multiple files

hello, I will would be grateful if anyone can help me reply to my post extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk Please see this thread. Thanks manishabh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace multiple patterns in a particular column only - efficient script

Hi Bigshots, I have a pattern file with two columns. I have another data file. If column 1 in the pattern file appears as the 4th column in the data file, I need to replace it (4th column of data file) with column 2 of the pattern file. If the pattern is found in any other column, it should not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File with Multiple Search Parameter

Dear Team Members, I have a unique problem. Below is the dataset which I have. I am writing a script which will read through the file and pull the invoice no. (Field 2 of C1 row). "C1",990001,"L1","HERO","MOTORCYCLE","ASIA-PACIFIC","BEIJING" "C2","CLUTCH","HYUNDAI",03032017... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple file by passing parameter value

Hello All, I want to change date part in file name to yesterday date in the file name. example file name file-12122017-06-30-41.dat want file-12112017-06-30-41.dat I am doing like below. Below it is not changing the filename. Actually it is not parsing the $today and $yesterday value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: looney
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
Font::TTF::Post(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Font::TTF::Post(3)

NAME
Font::TTF::Post - Holds the Postscript names for each glyph DESCRIPTION
Holds the postscript names for glyphs. Note that they are not held as an array, but as indexes into two lists. The first list is the standard Postscript name list defined by the TrueType standard. The second comes from the font directly. Looking up a glyph from a Postscript name or a name from a glyph number is achieved through methods rather than variable lookup. This class handles PostScript table types of 1, 2, 2.5 & 3, but not version 4. Support for version 2.5 is as per Apple spec rather than MS. The way to look up Postscript names or glyphs is: $pname = $f->{'post'}{'VAL'}[$gnum]; $gnum = $f->{'post'}{'STRINGS'}{$pname}; INSTANCE VARIABLES
Due to different systems having different limitations, there are various class variables available to control what post table types can be written. $Font::TTF::Post::no25 If set tells Font::TTF::Post::out to use table type 2 instead of 2.5 in case apps cannot handle version 2.5. VAL Contains an array indexed by glyph number of Postscript names. This is used when writing out a font. STRINGS An associative array of Postscript names mapping to the highest glyph with that name. These may not be in sync with VAL. In addition there are the standard introductory variables defined in the standard: FormatType italicAngle underlinePosition underlineThickness isFixedPitch minMemType42 maxMemType42 minMemType1 maxMemType1 METHODS
$t->read Reads the Postscript table into memory from disk $t->out($fh) Writes out a new Postscript name table from memory or copies from disk $t->XML_element($context, $depth, $key, $val) Outputs the names as one block of XML BUGS
o No support for type 4 tables AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-23 Font::TTF::Post(3)