Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Idea for a New Forum Front End Using Unity and SciFi Assets Post 303004744 by Neo on Sunday 8th of October 2017 02:33:02 AM
Old 10-08-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello Neo,

Kindly do let me know on same, will be grateful to you if we could also contribute.

Thanks,
R. Singh
Hi!

Thanks for the offer!

May we ask publicly about your coding experience? PHP? HTML? C# ? Other? Or do you prefer to discuss privately?

If we go with the "new template to make the forums more responsive for mobile" we need HTML experience, mostly.

If we go with a future "build some cool virtual world to interact with the forum database", we need both C# and PHP programmers (mostly C#) to code in Unity 3D.

PS: My personal favor collaboration is using Unity 3D to create a virtual world which interacts with the forums database.

Here is an older example of a Unity SciFi asset which is kinda cool to use:

However, you need to learn the Unity 3D IDE (it's free) and also C#. The learning curve is quite steep, but it is really fun and worth it! The good news is that Unity 3D also has free collaboration tools for version control etc. The other good news is that creating something like this is based on our imagination, not on following some set of standards "from the past" because this project would not change the web based view of the forums; it simply creates a new virtual environment to operate in.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Front end on Unix

Hi, I would like to develop a user interface on Solaris. Can anybody throw some light on currently available software utilities/ packages..? Thanks in Advance .. JS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
4 Replies

2. Programming

Running exe's from front end

Hi, I have created a tool which analyses and debugs cobol programs on Unix environment usin the C files. I now want to create a frontend for the tool in windows. For this i need to establish some kinda communication between the front the end and the back end. I know pipes in one way of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space in front or end of each field

Hi, I have a txt file called a.txt which contain over 10,000 records and I would like to remove space before comma or after comma....like below: The input (for example two record 00001,00002): 00001,client,card limited ,02292,N ,162:41 , 192, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed $ appending to front, not to the end

I keep trying to append some astrix to the end of a line, but it keeps overwriting at the front of the line. These are the originals Fred Fardbarkle:674-843-1385:20 Parak Lane, Duluth, MN 23850:4/12/23:780900 Fred Fardbarkle:674-843-1385:20 Parak Lane, Duluth, MN 23850:4/12/23:780900 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrSammyD
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Communicate to the OS(linux) using front end.

Hi guys , I want to develop a web page which is capable of executing the command on os and show the output on the browser.(Which involves reading and writing too.) I m using jsp language to develop the web page. How would i use it to communicate with my linux server? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping double quotes from front and end of a line

I have a file and some records may contain double quotes at beginning and at end of line. So how do I strip them? For Example, file is somethings like this Field1;Field2;Field3 01;'Test';'Test Field3' "01;'This is 2nd field';This is 3rd field' " Desired Output is: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
6 Replies

7. Programming

Publish notification via application front end

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
0 Replies

8. Programming

Recommendation: gede - graphical gdb front-end

gede is a graphical debugger, a front-end for good ole uncle gdb. gede doesn't need a specialized gdb version. :b: Unfortunately its a qt app, nevertheless it fits well in a gtk desktop environment.:eek: Its author Johan Henriksson is a smart and nice guy always open for bug reports and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
2 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.4.16. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2010 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2010 php-config(1)