Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line Post 303004659 by Rajib Podder on Friday 6th of October 2017 12:49:12 AM
Old 10-06-2017
Hi R,

Thanks for your help.

But if it like below format

my self is peter.<variable>@king then how to change only peter to sham based on @king.
i.e.

Code:
myself is peter.r1@king
myself is peter.r2@king
myself is peter.r3@king
myself is peter.r4

ouput should be :

Code:
myself is sham.r1@king
myself is sham.r2@king
myself is sham.r3@king
myself is peter.r4

is it possible

Last edited by Scott; 10-06-2017 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace words in file based on another file

Hello, Can someone kindy help me solve this problem..I am using SunOS shell script I got a file A with following content: This is my correct document. I wrote 111 This is my incorrect word , 222 This is my wrong statement 333 This is my correct document 444 This is my correct document 555... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words in Input File with Words from a Master File

Hello, I have a complex problem. I have a file in which words have been joined together: Theboy ranslowly I want to be able to correctly split the words using a lookup file in which all the words occur: the boy ran slowly slow put child ly The lookup file which is meant for look up... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cut words based on the word count of a line

I would like to cut words based on the word count of a line. This over here inspired me with some ideas but I wasn't able to get what I needed. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105841-count-words-each-line-file-using-xargs.html If the line has 6 words I would like to use this.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How count the number of two words associated with the two words occurring in the file?

Hi , I need to count the number of errors associated with the two words occurring in the file. It's about counting the occurrences of the word "error" for where is the word "index.js". As such the command should look like. Please kindly help. I was trying: grep "error" log.txt | wc -l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmarx
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the words in the file to the words that user type?

Hello, I would like to change my setting in a file to the setting that user input. For example, by default it is ONBOOT=ON When user key in "YES", it would be ONBOOT=YES -------------- This code only adds in the entire user input, but didn't replace it. How do i go about... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace words in file?

Hi Guys, I have a text where we used Ram in 10 times now I want replace all Ram words by Shyam word then how to do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort words based on word count on each line

Hi Folks :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I'm trying to sort the lines in order based on number of words per line. Example from: word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word to desired output: word (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace some specific words from file?

I have the file like this. cat 123.txt <p> <table border='1' width='90%' align='center' summary='Script output'> <tr><td>text </td> </tr> </table> </p> I want to replace some tags and want the output like below. I tried with awk & sed commands. But no luck. Could someone help me on this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
CRIBBAGE(6)							 BSD Games Manual						       CRIBBAGE(6)

NAME
cribbage -- the card game cribbage SYNOPSIS
cribbage [-eqr] DESCRIPTION
cribbage plays the card game cribbage, with the program playing one hand and the user the other. The program will initially ask the user if the rules of the game are needed - if so, it will print out the appropriate section from According to Hoyle with more(1). cribbage options include: -e When the player makes a mistake scoring his hand or crib, provide an explanation of the correct score. (This is especially useful for beginning players.) -q Print a shorter form of all messages - this is only recommended for users who have played the game without specifying this option. -r Instead of asking the player to cut the deck, the program will randomly cut the deck. cribbage first asks the player whether he wishes to play a short game ( ``once around'', to 61) or a long game ( ``twice around'', to 121). A response of 's' will result in a short game, any other response will play a long game. At the start of the first game, the program asks the player to cut the deck to determine who gets the first crib. The user should respond with a number between 0 and 51, indicating how many cards down the deck is to be cut. The player who cuts the lower ranked card gets the first crib. If more than one game is played, the loser of the previous game gets the first crib in the current game. For each hand, the program first prints the player's hand, whose crib it is, and then asks the player to discard two cards into the crib. The cards are prompted for one per line, and are typed as explained below. After discarding, the program cuts the deck (if it is the player's crib) or asks the player to cut the deck (if it's its crib); in the latter case, the appropriate response is a number from 0 to 39 indicating how far down the remaining 40 cards are to be cut. After cutting the deck, play starts with the non-dealer (the person who doesn't have the crib) leading the first card. Play continues, as per cribbage, until all cards are exhausted. The program keeps track of the scoring of all points and the total of the cards on the table. After play, the hands are scored. The program requests the player to score his hand (and the crib, if it is his) by printing out the appro- priate cards (and the cut card enclosed in brackets). Play continues until one player reaches the game limit (61 or 121). A carriage return when a numeric input is expected is equivalent to typing the lowest legal value; when cutting the deck this is equivalent to choosing the top card. Cards are specified as rank followed by suit. The ranks may be specified as one of: 'a', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', 't', 'j', 'q', and 'k', or alternatively, one of: 'ace', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five', 'six', 'seven', 'eight', 'nine', 'ten', 'jack', 'queen', and 'king'. Suits may be specified as: 's', 'h', 'd', and 'c', or alternatively as: 'spades', 'hearts', 'diamonds', and 'clubs'. A card may be specified as: ``<rank> <suit>'', or: ``<rank> of <suit>''. If the single letter rank and suit designations are used, the space separating the suit and rank may be left out. Also, if only one card of the desired rank is playable, typing the rank is sufficient. For example, if your hand was ``2H, 4D, 5C, 6H, JC, and KD'' and it was desired to discard the king of diamonds, any of the following could be typed: 'k', 'king', 'kd', 'k d', 'k of d', 'king d', 'king of d', 'k diamonds', 'k of diamonds', 'king diamonds', 'king of diamonds'. FILES
/usr/games/cribbage /var/games/bsdgames/criblog /usr/share/games/bsdgames/cribbage.instr AUTHORS
Earl T. Cohen wrote the logic. Ken Arnold added the screen oriented interface. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD