Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Esc-k and command history
Operating Systems Solaris Esc-k and command history Post 303004578 by RudiC on Wednesday 4th of October 2017 04:46:01 PM
Old 10-04-2017
In bash, there's a variable $SUDO_USER which you might want to evaluate. Not sure how this works in ksh, though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the History command

How do I make the history command, in addition to the past commands, display the hard path to the place where i modified or did my past action? thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

History command

I am working on solaris and audit is not configured on server. I get last commands used on server by HISTORY command, but I want some extra information like by which user command fired & by which host id Because same time we have many people use one login & fire commands & want History command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_wagh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

history command

hi, i had to submit a project into a directory. i copied it from my location to the specified folder, no problemo. just one thing though. after i copied and searched for the time i copied using the history command, the system would not show. even using the up arrow key would not display my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using command history

Hi All. Suppose I am in a "verylongpath" directory and I type "gedit thisfile". At a later stage, the command is accessible from the hystory, but it is useless if I have moved to another directory. The same applies to "cd myfolder", etc. Is there a way to instruct shell history to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruno69
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command history

Hi all, How can i view command history of a day. when i used history command in my AIX server, it shows only last 16 commands. Is there a location where all the history is stored ? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

9. AIX

History command

How to get the other user history file. I would like to check the commands issues from my teammate. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariappan.m
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

History command

Hi, I would like to know commands which i have executed on terminal should not be present in the history.How can i approch please help me. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)