Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy file from different ports in parallel Post 303004555 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 4th of October 2017 11:15:05 AM
Old 10-04-2017
Hi,
  • This is not simultaneously but sequentially (alternating) (see post #2)
  • You are reading variable line from a file whose name is contained in variable destination_path, which seems a bit strange
  • Yet this variable is not used within the loop, so you might as well leave the loop out if there is only one line in the file. Otherwise this does not make sense, since it would keep on overwriting the same file
  • [-n "$line"] is not valid code: there needs to be space around the square brackets.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

TCP ports and file sharing

In using a music file sharing program (WinMx), I am told that I cannot make a primary connection (fastest downloads) because I do not have a TCP and UDP port. I am running Windows Me.What do I do? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookster5
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implementation of copy command in parallel

hey i have to implement copy command in parallel in c language. i dont know how to create a new directory in destination. if anything u know related to this help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsekhar28
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files in Parallel

Is there any out of box Command in Unix or is it possible through shell scripting to copy all the files in a directory in Parallel. Example. I am doing a COLD database backup. I have the data/dbx directory which has around 1000 data files. I was thinking is there a way to spawn the copy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel while loop based on the file records

Hi, I need to execute parallel with while loop. Input File(source_file.csv) contains filenames the below source_file.csv file contains Customer1.txt Product1.txt Sales.txt Emp.txt Dept.txt Based on the number of rows that file I want to run the script ‘n' times. while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel execution of command inside file

Hi all, I have the requirement to generate the file containing following command eval /path/ dsjob -logdetail projectname JOBNAME /path/ 1. The file contains the above command say about 150 times i,e only the JOBNAME changes in every command 2. The commands must be written in such a way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help grep multiple ports in a file.

I wish to grep for an entry in a file if it contains and does not start with #, Listen 443 or Listen 9443 Below is what helped me get Listen 443 but how can I tweak the below command to also include Listen 9443 port ? Note: Listen 8443 or Listen 4438 should fail in the grep. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)