Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk for streaming data - if/then Post 303004264 by Yoda on Thursday 28th of September 2017 03:45:28 PM
Old 09-28-2017
You can use a next statement:-
Code:
NR > 7 { 
	if ( ( NR == 13) || ( $5 == 0 ) )
		next
	else
		<parsing code here>
}

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

save streaming video data for later viewing?

I have limited bandwidth in my apartment and no cable TV service. I was wondering if it is possible to write a script that would download the video data from my favorite TV shows (legally... many networks post their videos online for free) while I sleep, so that later I can watch them on my TV... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: euclid3628800
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute awk output with continuous streaming input

I need to parse some continuous output from a program (i.e. aScript.py) into a portal that uses curl. I've written a simple awk one-liner to parse the information that is output from aScript.py, but I'm not able to execute it. I can succeed with just one line of the output from aScript.py: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
2 Replies
STDBUF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 STDBUF(1)

NAME
stdbuf -- change standard streams initial buffering SYNOPSIS
stdbuf [-e bufdef] [-i bufdef] [-o bufdef] [command [...]] DESCRIPTION
stdbuf is used to change the initial buffering of standard input, standard output and/or standard error streams for command. It relies on libstdbuf(3) which is loaded and configured by stdbuf through environment variables. The options are as follows: -e bufdef Set initial buffering of the standard error stream for command as defined by bufdef (see BUFFER DEFINITION). -i bufdef Set initial buffering of the standard input stream for command as defined by bufdef (see BUFFER DEFINITION). -o bufdef Set initial buffering of the standard output stream for command as defined by bufdef (see BUFFER DEFINITION). BUFFER DEFINITION
Buffer definition is the same as in libstdbuf(3): "0" unbuffered "L" line buffered "B" fully buffered with the default buffer size size fully buffered with a buffer of size bytes (suffixes 'k', 'M' and 'G' are accepted) EXAMPLES
In the following example, the stdout stream of the awk(1) command will be fully buffered by default because it does not refer to a terminal. stdbuf is used to force it to be line-buffered so vmstat(8)'s output will not stall until the full buffer fills. # vmstat 1 | stdbuf -o L awk '$2 > 1 || $3 > 1' | cat -n SEE ALSO
libstdbuf(3), setvbuf(3) HISTORY
The stdbuf utility first appeared in FreeBSD 8.4. AUTHORS
The original idea of the stdbuf command comes from Padraig Brady who implemented it in the GNU coreutils. Jeremie Le Hen implemented it on FreeBSD. BSD
April 28, 2012 BSD