Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join files, omit duplicated records from one file Post 303004064 by RudiC on Tuesday 26th of September 2017 04:41:53 AM
Old 09-26-2017
Try also
Code:
sort file[12] | uniq -uw1 | sort - file2
1   fromfile1
2   fromfile1
3   fromfile2
4   fromfile1
5   fromfile2
6   fromfile1
7   fromfile1

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join cols from multi files into one file

Hi Fields in Files 1,2,3,4 are pipe"|" separated. Say I want to grep col1 from File1 col3 from File2 col4 from File3 and print to File4 in the following order: col3|col1|col4 what is the best way of doing this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbshuru
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cp -r command to selectively omit *.dat files while copying a directory.

Hi all, I want to copy a directory named Ec1 to another directory named Ec2, newly created. But Ec1 has a bunch of *.dat files and many many other kinds of files. Whle creating Ec2, I selectively want to omit the *.dat files since they are huge files of the order of 100 MBs and there are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to list only files omit directories.

Hi All I am writting a script that does a comparison between files in 2 diffectent directories. To do this I need a command that will list out only the files in a give directory and omit any sub dorectories with that directory. But I am unable to find it. Please Help. I tried ls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Omit Blank Lines while comparing two files.

Hello All, I am writting file comparison Utility and I have encountered such a senario where there are 2 files such as follows- 1#!/usr/local/bin/python 2 import gsd.scripts.admin.control.gsdPageEscalate 3.gsd.scripts.admin.control.gsdPageEscalate.main() 1 #!/usr/local/bin/python... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine/omit data from 2 files

i made a script on my own. this is for the inventory to all of my AWS servers, and i run it to all of my servers to get the hostname, please look at file2. Then i need some data in file3 as well,. i need to combine them #cat file1 192.10.1.41 server.age.com ###### 192.10.0.40 ssh cant... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), or lzop(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncompressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), lzop(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2011-03-19 XZDIFF(1)