Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting - parse file
Operating Systems Linux Scripting - parse file Post 303003953 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 23rd of September 2017 05:46:52 PM
Old 09-23-2017
Other than removing asterisks - * - could you specify what the requirements are -- just a bit more in detail.

I am sure the "informative" comments about libraries and objects might occur in other incarnations. You have 5 types listed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file

Hi Friends, I have a file in the format shown (Name followed by address:) I need only the address part please see the output. I have tried using nawk but I am not getting the desired output. SAM ADDRS 64874 FRANKLYN DR IRVINE TX - 74394; 538 FRED ASSOCIATES PETER ADDRS 84734... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse the file

# Start "ABC" SFFd 0 4 Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} # Start "CP" SFFT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsharan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this file in unix

Hi all, I need to parse a file which is having this format: Details: 1 Name{ first=james second=steven } Sibling{ first=2 second=3 } Age{ first=13 second=14 } Friend{ jessy } Details: 2 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse through a txt file PERL scripting

Below is a perl code I am trying. #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; use warnings qw/ all FATAL /; use constant ENV_FILE => '/apps/env_data.txt'; $uenv = $ARGV; my $input = $uenv; open my $fh, '<', ENV_FILE or die sprintf qq{Unable to open "%s" for input: $!}, ENV_FILE; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
FSCK.CRAMFS(8)                                                 System Administration                                                FSCK.CRAMFS(8)

NAME
fsck.cramfs - fsck compressed ROM file system SYNOPSIS
fsck.cramfs [options] file DESCRIPTION
fsck.cramfs is used to check the cramfs file system. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Enable verbose messaging. -b, --blocksize blocksize Use this blocksize, defaults to page size. Must be equal to what was set at creation time. Only used for --extract. --extract[=directory] Test to uncompress the whole file system. Optionally extract contents of the file to directory. -a This option is silently ignored. -y This option is silently ignored. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
0 success 4 file system was left uncorrected 8 operation error, such as unable to allocate memory 16 usage information was printed SEE ALSO
mount(8), mkfs.cramfs(8) AVAILABILITY
The example command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux April 2013 FSCK.CRAMFS(8)