Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Matrix to 3 col sorted
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matrix to 3 col sorted Post 303003853 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 21st of September 2017 01:30:24 PM
Old 09-21-2017
Interesting idea! Let the filesystem do a part of the sorting, and let ls sort the other parts.
More fine-tuned so ls sorts less:
Code:
outdir=./output
mkdir -p $outdir
awk '
NR==1 {
  for (i=4; i<=NF; i++) { line[i]=$i; printf "mkdir -p \"%s\"\n",$i }
  next
}
{
  for (i=4; i<=NF; i++) printf ">\"%s/%s__%s__%s %s\"\n",line[i],$1,$2,$3,$i
}
' infile > tmpfile
(
cd $outdir
sh tmpfile
for i in *
do
  ls -1 "$i" | sed "s#^#${i} #"
done
) | tee outfile

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 09-21-2017 at 02:37 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help On col command

Hello Can Any1 tell me the difference between the col command and the col command with the -f option. I tried running both of them but i can't see any difference. Please guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

diagonal matrix to square matrix

Hello, all! I am struggling with a short script to read a diagonal matrix for later retrieval. 1.000 0.234 0.435 0.123 0.012 0.102 0.325 0.412 0.087 0.098 1.000 0.111 0.412 0.115 0.058 0.091 0.190 0.045 0.058 1.000 0.205 0.542 0.335 0.054 0.117 0.203 0.125 1.000 0.587 0.159 0.357... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

i can't cut the third col

SW_dist_intr false Enable SW distribution of interrupts True autorestart true Automatically REBOOT OS after a crash True boottype disk N/A False capacity_inc 1.00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add new col in a file

Hi, Experts, I have a requirement as following: my source file: a a a b b c c c c I need add one more colume as following: 1 a 2 a 3 a 1 b 2 b 1 c 2 c (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix?

Hi all, Is there a way to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix? e.g full data matrix Bh1 Bh2 Bh3 Bh4 Bh5 Bh6 Bh7 Bh1 0 0.241058 0.236129 0.244397 0.237479 0.240767 0.245245 Bh2 0.241058 0 0.240594 0.241931 0.241975 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies
DOMAINALIGN(1e) 					     EMBOSS Manual for Debian						   DOMAINALIGN(1e)

NAME
domainalign - Generate alignments (DAF file) for nodes in a DCF file. SYNOPSIS
domainalign -dcfinfile infile -pdbdir directory -node list -mode list -keepsinglets toggle -dafoutdir outdir -singletsoutdir outdir -superoutdir outdir -logfile outfile domainalign -help DESCRIPTION
domainalign is a command line program from EMBOSS ("the European Molecular Biology Open Software Suite"). It is part of the "Protein:3D Structure" command group(s). OPTIONS
Input section -dcfinfile infile This option specifies the name of DCF file (domain classification file) (input). A 'domain classification file' contains classification and other data for domains from SCOP or CATH, in DCF format (EMBL-like). The files are generated by using SCOPPARSE and CATHPARSE. Domain sequence information can be added to the file by using DOMAINSEQS. -pdbdir directory This option specifies the location of domain PDB files (input). A 'domain PDB file' contains coordinate data for a single domain from SCOP or CATH, in PDB format. The files are generated by using DOMAINER. Default value: ./ Required section -node list This option specifies the node for redundancy removal. Redundancy can be removed at any specified node in the SCOP or CATH hierarchies. For example by selecting 'Class' entries belonging to the same Class will be non-redundant. Default value: 1 -mode list This option specifies the alignment algorithm to use. Default value: 1 -keepsinglets toggle This option specifies whether to write sequences of singlet families to file. If you specify this option, the sequence for each singlet family are written to file (output). Default value: Y Output section -dafoutdir outdir This option specifies the location of DAF files (domain alignment files) (output). A 'domain alignment file' contains a sequence alignment of domains belonging to the same SCOP or CATH family. The files are in clustal format and are annotated with domain family classification information. The files generated by using SCOPALIGN will contain a structure-based sequence alignment of domains of known structure only. Such alignments can be extended with sequence relatives (of unknown structure) by using SEQALIGN. Default value: ./ -singletsoutdir outdir This option specifies the location of DHF files (domain hits files) for singlet sequences (output). The singlets are written out as a 'domain hits file' - which contains database hits (sequences) with domain classification information, in FASTA format. Default value: ./ -superoutdir outdir This option specifies the location of structural superimposition files (output). A file in PDB format of the structural superimposition is generated for each family if the STAMP algorithm is used. Default value: ./ -logfile outfile This option specifies the name of log file (output). The log file contains messages about any errors arising while domainalign ran. Default value: domainalign.log BUGS
Bugs can be reported to the Debian Bug Tracking system (http://bugs.debian.org/emboss), or directly to the EMBOSS developers (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93650&atid=605031). SEE ALSO
domainalign is fully documented via the tfm(1) system. AUTHOR
Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org> Wrote the script used to autogenerate this manual page. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was autogenerated from an Ajax Control Definition of the EMBOSS package. It can be redistributed under the same terms as EMBOSS itself. DOMALIGN 0.1.0+20100721 08/11/2010 DOMAINALIGN(1e)