Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting a folder containing different files into subfolders Post 303003816 by RudiC on Thursday 21st of September 2017 04:00:10 AM
Old 09-21-2017
And where and how does that fail?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Q: getting list of all files of type within folder & subfolders

A painfully rudimentary UNIX question for somebody. I've been puzzling over this for the last hour but can't find the right command. I'm simply trying to get a list of all files - and their full paths - within a folder & subfolders which have extension .php and .js. That's it! No amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AtomicPenguin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to learn the number of files under a particular folder, containing subfolders

Hi ALL I would like know how many files there under a particular folder, which contains subfolders. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in all files in a folder and subfolders.

i need to change string in all files in current folder and all subfolders. i wrote the following script. It works good except it dont delete temp file from subfolders. for z in `find . -type f -name "*.html" -o -name "*.htm"`; do sed -e 's@abc@xyz@g' $z>temp; mv temp $z; done any idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crazynups
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a mail whenever a file is updated in certain folder or its subfolders

send a mail to a group of users whenever a file is updated in certain folder or its subfolders on an unix server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script delete log files from folder & subfolders on space usage

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to delete logs generate by db when space in the folder reaches 70%. i am getting space values from db, find the files at OS and remove them by using a cron job runs every 5minutes. I have to keep the latest 5 files at any time, my problem is that log files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain a count of files in a folder and it's subfolders

First of all, the extent of my unix knowledge is next to nil. I've been able to telnet to a unix box, and thanks to the Computer Hope website, I've been able to learn a few basic commands to navigate from folder to folder, and view contents. What I really need to do is obtain a count of all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfinv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in folder and subfolders

How can this be done? I mean, I want to search for all *png *jpg *bmp files in my ~/Pictures/ folder....How can I list them? Thank you geeks :) :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

unique words in files of folder and its subfolders

Hello, I tried to count all unique words of all files in one folder and its subfolders. Can anybody say me, why this doesnt work: ls| find -d | cat | tr "\ " "\n"| uniq -u | wc -l ??? Cat writes only the names of those files, but not the wors, which should be in them. Thanks for any advice. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dworza
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search current folder and subfolders with grep

Hello, Neither ‘Grep -r' nor ‘grep -R' is working in my environment. (Searching for a text pattern in the files) Any suggestions... Using SunOS 5.9 Thanks, Trinanjan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanja_trinanja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting multiple files in a folder

Hello, I am new to UNIX etc and am trying to split a large number of files, all with the extension .fas in the same folder, into smaller files wherever a string of 5ns occurs. So this file: >File1.fas nnnnnaaaaaattgattttctcagtatcgacgaatatggcgcagaaagttgaataa ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bryony
1 Replies
APC_DEC(3)								 1								APC_DEC(3)

apc_dec - Decrease a stored number

SYNOPSIS
int apc_dec (string $key, [int $step = 1], [bool &$success]) DESCRIPTION
Decreases a stored integer value. PARAMETERS
o $key - The key of the value being decreased. o $step - The step, or value to decrease. o $success - Optionally pass the success or fail boolean value to this referenced variable. RETURN VALUES
Returns the current value of $key's value on success, or FALSE on failure EXAMPLES
Example #1 apc_dec(3) example <?php echo "Let's do something with success", PHP_EOL; apc_store('anumber', 42); echo apc_fetch('anumber'), PHP_EOL; echo apc_dec('anumber'), PHP_EOL; echo apc_dec('anumber', 10), PHP_EOL; echo apc_dec('anumber', 10, $success), PHP_EOL; var_dump($success); echo "Now, let's fail", PHP_EOL, PHP_EOL; apc_store('astring', 'foo'); $ret = apc_dec('astring', 1, $fail); var_dump($ret); var_dump($fail); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Let's do something with success 42 41 31 21 bool(true) Now, let's fail bool(false) bool(false) SEE ALSO
apc_inc(3). PHP Documentation Group APC_DEC(3)