Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ssh login with random qoute banner Post 303003646 by hedkandi on Monday 18th of September 2017 02:10:48 PM
Old 09-18-2017
It's an empty file now, because I know a link won't work like that.

---------- Post updated at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ----------

I thought so to, to just edit the general .bashrc profile but the question is is saying master-client, could it be some LDAP configuration?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Change the Login banner for obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i whant to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vip3r
1 Replies

2. BSD

How to i change the login banner in obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip3r
2 Replies

3. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Create Banner/Login Messages in Solaris.

Hi, I have been trying to create a banner/login message (something for displaying the usage policy etc) to appear while I login using telnet/FTP to any Solaris (pref. Solaris9) machine. I have tried using /etc/issue and /etc/motd files. Both do not solve my need. In that, /etc/issue displays... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display banner before login.

How would i force All connection oriented network services to display a legal warning in terms of banner before any fuctional operation by user? ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- I would like to do this for ssh service first. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

9. AIX

Last login details in banner

Friends!! I need your help. Where can i change/set the last login details as below in aix 5.3. And how to do that to get the results as exactly below login as: mbpops mbpops@xx.28.3.24's password: Last unsuccessful login: Mon Nov 22 14:32:27 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129 Last login:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies
chsh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chsh(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-D binddn] [-P path] [-s shell] [-l] [-q] [-u] [-v] [user] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change the user login shell. A normal user may only change the login shell for their own account, the super user may change the login shell for any account. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the field, or leave the line blank to use the current value. Enter none to remove the current value. The current value is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. The only restrictions placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the super- user, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change their login shell. This version of chsh is able to change the shell of local, NIS, NIS+ and LDAP accounts , if the permissions allow it. OPTIONS
-D, --binddn binddn Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. The user will be prompted for a password for simple authentica- tion. -P, --path path The passwd file is located below the specified directory path. chsh will use this files, not /etc/passwd. This is useful for exam- ple on NIS master servers, where you do not want to give all users in the NIS database automatic access to your NIS server and the NIS map is build from special files. -s, --shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -q, --quite Don't be verbose. -u, --usage Print a usage message and exit. --help Print a more verbose help text and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shells - list of valid login shells SEE ALSO
chfn(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils February 2004 chsh(1)