Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is good?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is good? Post 303003624 by hicksd8 on Sunday 17th of September 2017 12:18:44 PM
Old 09-17-2017
It depends on exactly what you are trying to learn.

CentOS is a very good Linux distribution. Linux is generally open source and support by a vast user community.

Solaris on the other hand is Unix, owned by Oracle and is a big boys operating system, commercially supported, and well capable of running a big financial institution such as a bank. You wouldn't run an operating system in a bank without full commercial support services (unless you are mad).

Learning Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and the like is certainly professional stuff which cannot do you any harm at all.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

good OS flavor

which is more in high demand commercial solaris or BSD THANKS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxlst14
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

What is a good C++ compiler?

i am beginner in tcp programming i know c++ laguage i read i internet that ICE is more powerfull help me please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good Example on $|

I am trying to learn how to use the predefined var. I did read perlvar - perldoc.perl.org but like much of the perl docs, I just dont "see" the explanation. Can someone explain its usage to me. Id like to buffer printing on occasion. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies
GUSLOAD(1)							   AWE32 manual 							GUSLOAD(1)

NAME
gusload - load a GUS-format patch file into the AWE32 RAM SYNOPSIS
gusload [-Iixv] [-b bank] [-p preset] GUSpatch DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gusload command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. gusload is a program that will read a GUS-format patch file, and then upload it to the Linux AWE32 driver, to be used by other AWE32 utili- ties, e.g. drvmidi(1). OPTIONS
The program follows the usual UNIX command line syntax, but doesn't support long options (options starting with two dashes `-'). Here is a summary of the options is accepts:- -I (Re-)Initializes the AWE32 driver. -i Resets all samples. -x Removes the last samples in the AWE32's RAM. -v Verbose mode. -p [preset] Sets the instrument number to [preset]. Defaults to values specified in the patch file. -b [bank] Sets the "bank" that the instruments are loaded into. Defaults to bank 0. -c [chorus] Sets the amount of chorus, ranging from 0 to 100. -r [reverb] Sets the amount of reverberation, ranging from 0 to 100. SEE ALSO
sfxload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. The AWE32 driver and utilities were written by Takashi Iwai <iwai@dragon.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>. awesfx 0.3.3 Mon Feb 17 10:35:23 GMT 1997 GUSLOAD(1)