Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to bash and perl scripting Post 303003607 by ramindia on Sunday 17th of September 2017 04:37:48 AM
Old 09-17-2017
New to bash and perl scripting

How can we do submenu and show on the bottom how i can send back to main menu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

hi all i'm trying to get a script working upon connection with pppd According to docu this happens ina clean environment with a couple of variables set, namely $1,$2,... To be able to execute the statements i included a path statement but i think i'm running into trouble with the variables -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjones
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

have this code but when i run it i get this error ./pulse: line 2: and here is the code #!/bin/bash if ; then pulseaudio -k; fi what am i doing wrong thanks Adam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

Hello everyone!!!! I am new to this forum ...I have a problem. And I thought that you are expert :) so you can help me with that... I have a text file with maaany lines. Every line begins with something like that: <http aksjfskcuhrf kushkfsnus> <http sxnfrksehfsd gsdg r> I don't know if every... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary_elen
16 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting

Try to imagine a flag: nnnnx nnnxx nnxxx nxxxx now imagine how it will output: 4 times the "n"and 1 times "x" 3 times "n"and" 2 times" x " .. etc. .. rhombus is the same only instead of "n" is there gap "and " x "is a few times to form the correct shape Can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krcek12
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

same script: 1- i am using grep to find a string called: tinker panic 0 in a file /etc/ntp.conf if the string is not there, i want to add the strings in /etc/ntp.conf file in the first line of the file. if not do nothing or exit. 2- also i want to add # in front of the following lines in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies
Padre::Plugin::DataWalker(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Padre::Plugin::DataWalker(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Plugin::DataWalker - Simple Perl data structure browser Padre VERSION
version 0.04 SYNOPSIS
Use this like any other Padre plugin. To install Padre::Plugin::DataWalker for your user only, you can type the following in the extracted Padre-Plugin-DataWalker-... directory: perl Makefile.PL make make test make installplugin Afterwards, you can enable the plugin from within Padre via the menu Plugins->Plugin Manager and there click enable for DataWalker. DESCRIPTION
This plugin uses the Wx::Perl::DataWalker module to provide facilities for interactively browsing Perl data structures. At this time, the plugin offers several menu entries in Padre's Plugins menu: Browse YAML dump file If you dump (almost) any data structure from a running program into a YAML file, you can use this to open the dump and browse it within Padre. Dump a data structure like this: use YAML::XS; YAML::XS::Dump(...YourDataStructure...); This menu entry will show a file-open dialog and let you select the YAML file to load. Let me know if you need any other input format (like Storable's nstore). Browse current document object Opens the data structure browser on the current document object. Like all following menu entries, this is mostly useful for the Padre developers. Browse Padre IDE object Opens the Padre main IDE object in the data structure browser. Useful for debugging Padre. Browse Padre main symbol table Opens the %main:: symbol table of Padre in the data structure browser. Certainly only useful for debugging Padre. AUTHORS
o Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> o Ahmad M. Zawawi <ahmad.zawawi@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Steffen Mueller. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-22 Padre::Plugin::DataWalker(3pm)