Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303003581 by Neo on Saturday 16th of September 2017 10:15:21 AM
Old 09-16-2017
Yeah, it's a full time job just managing malicious and poorly configured bots.

I'll try to look at some other adjustments to see if I can mitigate this in other ways. Some DB parameter tweaking might also help mitigate this.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
IGMP(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   IGMP(4)

NAME
igmp -- Internet Group Management Protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <netinet/in_systm.h> #include <netinet/ip.h> #include <netinet/igmp.h> int socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_IGMP); DESCRIPTION
IGMP is a control plane protocol used by IPv4 hosts and routers to propagate multicast group membership information. Normally this protocol is not used directly, except by the kernel itself, in response to multicast membership requests by user applications. Routing protocols may open a raw socket to directly interact with igmp. As of FreeBSD 8.0, IGMP version 3 is implemented. This adds support for Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), whereby applications may communi- cate to upstream multicast routers that they are only interested in receiving multicast streams from particular sources. SYSCTL VARIABLES
net.inet.igmp.stats This opaque read-only variable exposes the stack-wide IGMPv3 protocol statistics to netstat(1). net.inet.igmp.ifinfo This opaque read-only variable exposes the per-link IGMPv3 status to ifmcstat(8). net.inet.igmp.gsrdelay This variable specifies the time threshold, in seconds, for processing Group-and-Source Specific Queries (GSR). As GSR query pro- cessing requires maintaining state on the host, it may cause memory to be allocated, and is therefore a potential attack point for Denial-of-Service (DoS). If more than one GSR query is received within this threshold, it will be dropped, to mitigate the potential for DoS. net.inet.igmp.default_version This variable controls the default version of IGMP to be used on all links. This sysctl is normally set to 3 by default. net.inet.igmp.legacysupp If this variable is non-zero, then IGMP v1 and v2 membership reports received on a link will be allowed to suppress the IGMP v3 state-change reports which would otherwise be issued by this host. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. net.inet.igmp.v2enable If this variable is non-zero, then IGMP v2 membership queries will be processed by this host, and backwards compatibility will be enabled until the v2 'Old Querier Present' timer expires. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. net.inet.igmp.v1enable If this variable is non-zero, then IGMP v1 membership queries will be processed by this host, and backwards compatibility will be enabled until the v1 'Old Querier Present' timer expires. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. net.inet.igmp.sendlocal If this variable is non-zero, then IGMP state-changes for groups in the 224.0.0.0/24 link-scope prefix will be issued. This behav- iour is recommended if deploying FreeBSD in a network environment with layer 2 devices which snoop IGMP traffic to mitigate multicast propagation throughout the network. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. net.inet.igmp.sendra If this variable is non-zero, then IGMP v2 and v3 reports will contain the IP Router Alert option. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. net.inet.igmp.recvifkludge If this variable is non-zero, then received IGMP reports which contain 0.0.0.0 as their source will be rewritten to contain the sub- net address. This is useful when there are hosts on-link which have not yet been configured with a primary IPv4 address. This sysctl is normally enabled by default. SEE ALSO
ifmcstat(8), inet(4), multicast(4), netstat(1), sourcefilter(3) HISTORY
The igmp manual page re-appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD
March 9, 2009 BSD