Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303003547 by RudiC on Friday 15th of September 2017 02:21:37 PM
Old 09-15-2017
Just for the record: it's back to bearable now. 3 to 5 sec - not lightning fast, but OK.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::lightning(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Bio::Graphics::Glyph::lightning(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::lightning - The "lightning" glyph SYNOPSIS
See L<Bio::Graphics::Panel> and L<Bio::Graphics::Glyph>. DESCRIPTION
This glyph draws a lightning bolt of specified height with relative width, with the point of the lightning bolt centered on the feature. The height of the bolt is specified by the "height" option. Due to the complexity of this glyph, it doesn't resolve well with heights less than 11 pixels. This glyph was designed to indicate point mutations on a nucleotide or protein backbone. OPTIONS The following options are standard among all Glyphs. See Bio::Graphics::Glyph for a full explanation. Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -fgcolor Foreground color black -outlinecolor Synonym for -fgcolor -bgcolor Background color turquoise -fillcolor Synonym for -bgcolor -linewidth Line width 1 -height Height of glyph 10 -font Glyph font gdSmallFont -connector Connector type 0 (false) -connector_color Connector color black -label Whether to draw a label 0 (false) -description Whether to draw a description 0 (false) -hilite Highlight color undef (no color) The following options are specific to this Glyph. Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -orient direction of lightning bolt N BUGS
No reported bugs. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::cds, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::crossbox, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::diamond, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ellipse, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::extending_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::graded_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heterogeneous_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::line, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::pinsertion, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::primers, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::rndrect, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ruler_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::toomany, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript2, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::translation, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::triangle, Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::SeqI, Bio::SeqFeatureI, Bio::Das, GD AUTHOR
Todd Harris <harris@cshl.org> Copyright (c) 2004 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::lightning(3pm)