Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303003538 by hicksd8 on Friday 15th of September 2017 12:42:24 PM
Old 09-15-2017
Yes, unix.com is pretty slow from the UK right now (and in recent days) but it doesn't seem unique to unix.com

Some other sites which are normally quick are also quite sluggish so not sure what's going on. That isn't much help I know!

---------- Post updated at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:03 PM ----------

@jgt......I don't see any issues with logging in from the UK where I have to make multiple attempts. It can just say 'unix.com is not responding' but when I wait and wait and do nothing, it eventually will log me in. Not the same problem as you are seeing.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)