Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303003527 by jgt on Friday 15th of September 2017 08:58:37 AM
Old 09-15-2017
We have a satellite connection, so I have always blamed it for poor response. Does anyone have a problem logging in? Sometimes I have to enter my user and password 5 times before I get successfully logged in.
Maybe the hamsters don't like the new food?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)