Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to check used space for each partitions in Linux? Post 303003406 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 13th of September 2017 12:21:50 PM
Old 09-13-2017
On Linux, instead of the hard-to-read pvdisplay use pvs.
(Analogue: vgdisplay and vgs, lvdisplay and lvs.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File Sharing among NTFS Partition & RH Linux 9 Partitions

Well Guys, will anybody solve my problem? I have installed Win XP and RH Linux 9 (Dual Boot) on an Intel x86 Machine. Everything is going fine except that I cannot share files among the two operating systems. For example, if I download a PDF file from internet and save it in my Win XP partition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check space !!!

The have written the below script :- ============================ SPACE=`bdf /DATA_TRANSFER|awk '{print $4}' |grep "%"` TEST="96%" if then echo "Continue ....." sleep 2 else echo " Current space for DATA_TRANSFER is less than 02 %" echo " Pls clear space and than continue ....."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

3. Linux

grub error 22,after removing linux partitions only windows is threre.Pc not booting.i

hi, in my pc linux and windows was there with 2 hdd in raid.i removed linux partititons.Now my ps is not booting giving grub error 22.Nothing works.I hace my data in windows.Hard disks are RAID.when tried to go to recovery mode from windoes boot cd,it says hard disk not detected.when tried with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script partitions space monitor

Hello friends, I'm newbie in shell scripting... Until now i have this script: #!/bin/sh emailok = email1@domain.com emailissue = email2@domain.com limit="50" df -h | grep -vE '^Filesystem' | awk '{print $1 " " $4 " " $5}'|while read val do partition=$(echo $val | awk '{print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_doe
9 Replies

5. Linux

What is the minimum number of partitions you need to install Linux?

I think its 3. Just to know if I am correct. / /boot swap :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to understand partitions in linux

Hi guys, It has been more than 2 month i switched to linux but i m still very much confused how linux handles and names the partitions. I have gone through couple of beginners material and found linux doesnt treat partitions as c: and d: instead it uses /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 hda3 .But now i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

7. SCO

check partitions size in MB

hi Howto check partitions size in MB on SCO 5.0.6? Using df command I can see just in blocks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check disk space

I am trying a script which will alert if disk space crosses some threshold, i googled it and got some scripts already, but they are not working with my server. The problem is, my filesystem names are big, so the sizes are moving to the second line. just like below any ideas? thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
8 Replies

9. Linux

Linux partitions and limitations

In recently reading an article on linux basics before I embark and my personal installation project I came across this passage - IDE drives have three types of partition: primary, logical, and extended. The partition table is located in the master boot record (MBR) of a disk. The MBR is the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synchlavier
12 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-a|--all] [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--units hHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] lvdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned] [-a|--all] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--noheadings] [--nosuffix] [-o|--options [+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort [+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--segments] [--separator Separator] [--unbuffered] [--units hHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and lvs for options given with --columns. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. To map physical extents to logical extents use pvs --segments -o+lv_name,seg_start_pe,segtype. --columns | -C Display output in columns, the equivalent of lvs. Options listed are the same as options given in lvs (8). Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8), pvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVDISPLAY(8)