Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to print the string between 3rd and 4th backslashs to end of line Post 303003393 by bob123 on Wednesday 13th of September 2017 10:59:16 AM
Old 09-13-2017
hi RavinderSingh13,

yeah that works
many thanks

i did close the space between 6 and 5 as i already had a space

Code:
sed 's/\(.[^//]*\)\(\/\/\)\(.[^/]*\)\(\/\)\(.[^\/]*\)\(.*\)/\1\2\3\4\5\6\5/' file

would you know how to do it the other way round

insert the string at the end between 3rd and 4th backslashs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing 3rd or 4th feild from last in awk.

Whats up fellas... hope someone can help me with the following... I am parsing an file that is space delimited, however, in the middle, there is an ugly "Account Name" feild that in itself has multiple varying spaces, and commas which throws off my script. The 1st 3 feilds I am able to obtain... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print starting 3rd line until end of the file.

Hi, I want to Print starting 3rd line until end of the file. Pls let me know the command. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smc3
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract 3rd line 4th column of a file

Hi, Shell script: I would need help on How to extract 3rd line 4th column of a file with single liner Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print second line after search string

I have multiple config files where I need to pull the ip address from loopback3. The format is the same in every file, the ip is the second line after interface loopback3. interface loopback2 loopback description router ID ip address 192.168.1.1 interface loopback3 loopback description... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print last line returns empty string

hello I have a file with lines of info separated with "|" I want to amend the second field of the last line, using AWK my problem is with geting awk to return the last line this is what I am using awk 'END{ print $0 }' myFile but I get an empty result I tried the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TasosARISFC
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange: sed and awk print at end instead of begin of line

Hi! I have a strange behaviour from sed and awk, but I'm not sure, if I'm doing something wrong: I have a list of words, where I want to add the following string at the end of each line: \;\;\;\;0\;1 I try like this: $ cat myfile | awk '{if ( $0 != "" ) print $0"\;\;\;\;0\;1"}' Result:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regisl67
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

1st column,2nd column on first line 3rd,4th on second line ect...

I need to take one column of data and put it into the following format: 1st line,2nd line 3rd line,4th line 5th line,6th line ... Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batcho
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner to print to end of line

Given: 1,2,whatever,a,940,sot how can i print from one particular field to the end of line? awk -F"," '{print $2 - endofline}' the delimiter just happens to be a comma "," in this case. in other cases, it could be hypens: 1---2---whatever---a---940---sot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX help to print 50 lines after every 3rd occurrence pattern till end of file

I need help with extract/print lines till stop pattern. This needs to happen after every 3rd occurrence of start pattern and continue till end of file. Consider below is an example of the log file. my start pattern will be every 3rd occurrence of ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND and stop pattern will be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NSS
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)