Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Custom Report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Custom Report Post 303003334 by Aia on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 01:06:03 PM
Old 09-12-2017
A flexible Perl program.

Save as formatter.pl, run as perl formatter.pl [file1 file2 ...]
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

#
# An ordered list of item labels.
my @ordered_labels = (
   'insert_job',
   'job_type',
   'box_name',
   'command',
   'machine',
   'owner',
   'permission',
   'date_conditions',
   'std_out_file',
   'std_err_file',
   'alarm_if_fail',
   'group',
   'application',
   'send_notification',
   'notification_msg',
   'notification_emailaddress',);
#
# Buffer db for all values on each group.
my %db;

display_header();

#
# Parse and collect values.
while(<>) {
    #
    # Inside a group
    if(/^insert_job/../^\n/){
        if(/^insert_job/) {
            #
            # First line has two pairs and value does not have
            # spaces
            while(/(\w+):\s(\w+)/g) {
                $db{$1} = $2;
            }
        }
        else {
            #
            # Parse only one pair that may contain all kind
            # of characters as value, including spaces and quotes.
            /(\w+):\s(.*$)/ and $db{$1} = $2;
        }
        #
        # Display the data gathered and clear db for next time.
        if(/^\n/) {
            display_body();
            %db = ();
        }
    }
}
# Display any data still in the db buffer.
display_body() if %db;

sub display_header {
    print "JOB_NAME;JOB_TYPE;";
    for(@ordered_labels[2..$#ordered_labels]) {
        print "$_;";
    }
    print "\n";
}

sub display_body {
    for my $i (@ordered_labels) {
        if (defined $db{$i}){
            $db{$i} =~ s/"//g;
            print "$db{$i};";
        }
        else {
            print " ;";
        }
    }
    print "\n";
}

Output:
Code:
$ perl formatter.pl raw_file

JOB_NAME;JOB_TYPE;box_name;command;machine;owner;permission;date_conditions;std_out_file;std_err_file;alarm_if_fail;group;application;send_notification;notification_msg;notification_emailaddress;
test_job_hu;CMD; ;sleep 600;localhost;account;gx,wx;0;/tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.out;/tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.err;1;P2;TBS_00_AXZCDE_Admin;1;test_job_hu job completed in HU NP;pradeep.agarwal@in.com;
test_machine;CMD;test_machine_box;echo $HOME;HULNXMACHINE;svc_account@hu.europe.com;gx,wx;0; ; ;1; ; ; ; ; ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing ip in a custom way

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have e very special question. I have a Lunix server and I have installed Webmin on it. This way, I can create a login for an other user and give him restricted access to some custom commands I set up. One of the commands i would like to setup, is for him to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
9 Replies

5. AIX

Custom libraries possible on AIX 4.2 ?

I had started writting my own custom libraries on an AIX 4.2. Before finishing, I wanted to do a very simple test. So I wrote the followings: test.sh #!/bin/ksh . testlib.sh ZZ=testz "aa" "bb" echo "$ZZ" exit 0 testlib.sh testz () { return "$1$2" } When I ran my test.sh, I got an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing own custom parameters

I have an rsync command that I want to create a variable where user can change to customize the parameters. complete rsync command to run: $RSYNC -e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u --update $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE What I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

8. AIX

NPIV custom WWN

Hi All :) i would like to know if i can customize the WWN of the new VFC (NPIV). Or, if i must move the LPAR on another server with another FCS, i have to change the zoning?? Thanks in advance. Mario ---------- Post updated 09-21-12 at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-20-12 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
POD2USAGE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      POD2USAGE(1)

NAME
pod2usage - print usage messages from embedded pod docs in files SYNOPSIS
pod2usage [-help] [-man] [-exitexitval] [-outputoutfile] [-verbose level] [-pathlist dirlist] [-formatter module] [-utf8] file OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
-help Print a brief help message and exit. -man Print this command's manual page and exit. -exit exitval The exit status value to return. -output outfile The output file to print to. If the special names "-" or ">&1" or ">&STDOUT" are used then standard output is used. If ">&2" or ">&STDERR" is used then standard error is used. -verbose level The desired level of verbosity to use: 1 : print SYNOPSIS only 2 : print SYNOPSIS sections and any OPTIONS/ARGUMENTS sections 3 : print the entire manpage (similar to running pod2text) -pathlist dirlist Specifies one or more directories to search for the input file if it was not supplied with an absolute path. Each directory path in the given list should be separated by a ':' on Unix (';' on MSWin32 and DOS). -formatter module Which text formatter to use. Default is Pod::Text, or for very old Perl versions Pod::PlainText. An alternative would be e.g. Pod::Text::Termcap. -utf8 This option assumes that the formatter (see above) understands the option "utf8". It turns on generation of utf8 output. file The pathname of a file containing pod documentation to be output in usage message format (defaults to standard input). DESCRIPTION
pod2usage will read the given input file looking for pod documentation and will print the corresponding usage message. If no input file is specified then standard input is read. pod2usage invokes the pod2usage() function in the Pod::Usage module. Please see "pod2usage()" in Pod::Usage. SEE ALSO
Pod::Usage, pod2text(1) AUTHOR
Please report bugs using <http://rt.cpan.org>. Brad Appleton <bradapp@enteract.com> Based on code for pod2text(1) written by Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> perl v5.26.1 2018-07-18 POD2USAGE(1)