Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting number of argument passed to a shell script Post 303003333 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 12:45:41 PM
Old 09-12-2017
And you must put double quotes around it.
Code:
main_logic "$@"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if argument passed is an integers

How do I check if the argument passed to a script is an integer? I am writting a script that will take to integers and want to be able to check before I go on. I am using bourne shell. Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print all argument passed

like i have script with which i have passed arg list :eg: i/p: scriopt1 arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn o/p: arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not recognized when passed as argument

I have the below script in file read_file.ksh if ] || ] then echo "Required one input file" echo "Enter a file to get char count:" read $FILE_NAME if ] then echo "valid file" else echo "Not a valid file." fi When run as read_file.ksh detail.csv or... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for ftp files passed in command line argument

i want to write a shell script function that will ftp the files passed in the command line . i have written a shell script for ftp but how will it do for all files passed in command line argument , i am passing 4 files as argument ./ftp.sh file1 file2 file3 file4 code written by me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to specify number of argument in shell

Hi I am new in shell, I am trying to create a small script that can do exit if a script is executed when argument not 2 #!/bin/sh if ; then echo greater exit 1; elif ; then echo less exit 1; fiit keeps returning me whatever number of argument I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peuceul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of argument passed to the script

I want to make a script which takes the number of argument, add those argument and gives output to the user, but I am not getting through... Script that i am using is below : #!/bin/bash sum=0 for i in $@ do sum=$sum+$1 echo $sum shift done I am executing the script as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable passed as argument

I have a script. #!/bin/sh cur_$1_modify_time=Hello echo "cur_$1_modify_time" When I run like sh /root/script1 jj I expect value "Hello" being assigned to variable "cur_jj_modify_time" and output being "Hello" ie echoing $cur_jj_modify_time But the output comes as # sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)