Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replacing tag based on condition Post 303003329 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 11:43:36 AM
Old 09-12-2017
You would need to either:-
  • extend the expression to include what is before the letter P to ensure it was prefixed by start of line or a comma
  • follow the existing substitution with another that changes WX back to WP
Which of these would seem most logical to you?

Is using sed a requirement, or could we explore other ways?

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PHP replacing text between TAGS & URI information in Title Tag

Hi, what I am trying to do in PHP, is to replace the Title. I need some of the URL information inside aswell depending on the domain. The title is always different so I need to store it in a variable, put the url info like described below in front of it. Here is an example how it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Awk finding and replacing a field based on a condition

Hi everybody, I'm trying to replace the $98 field with "T" if the last field (108th) is T I've tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"} {if ($108=="T")sub($98,"T"); print}' test.txt but that doesn't do anything also tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"}{ /*T.$/ sub($98,"T")} { print}' test.txt but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghi123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to add special tag to a column based on column condition

Hi All, I have following html code <TR><TD>9</TD><TD>AR_TVR_TBS </TD><TD>85000</TD><TD>39938</TD><TD>54212</TD><TD>46</TD></TR> <TR><TD>10</TD><TD>ASCV_SMY_TBS </TD><TD>69880</TD><TD>33316</TD><TD>45698</TD><TD>47</TD></TR> <TR><TD>11</TD><TD>ARC_TBS ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the text in a row based on certain condition

Hi All, I felt tough to frame my question. Any way find my below input. (.CSV file) SNo, City 1, Chennai 2, None 3, Delhi 4,None Note that I have many rows ans also other columns beside my City column. What I need is the below output. SNo, City 1, Chennai 2, Chennai_new 3, Delhi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on matching condition

sample xml file part <DocumentMinorVersion>0</DocumentMinorVersion> <DocumentVersion>1</DocumentVersion> <EffectiveDate>2017-05-30T00:00:00Z</EffectiveDate> <FollowOnFrom> <ContractRequest _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFoh6g0rE9"> <_LocalId>CRW2218451</_LocalId> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on condition

sample xml file part <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ContractWorkspace xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFmh+pQHq1" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ContractWorkspace.xsd"> <_LocalId>CW2218471</_LocalId> <Active>true</Active> ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tag value extraction from xml file based on a matching condition

Hi , I have a situation where I need to search an xml file for the presence of a tag <FollowOnFrom> and also , presence of partial part of the following tag <ContractRequest _LoadId and if these 2 exist ,then extract the value from the following tag <_LocalId> which is "CW2094139". There... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
Round(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Round(3)

NAME
Math::Round - Perl extension for rounding numbers SYNOPSIS
use Math::Round qw(...those desired... or :all); $rounded = round($scalar); @rounded = round(LIST...); $rounded = nearest($target, $scalar); @rounded = nearest($target, LIST...); # and other functions as described below DESCRIPTION
Math::Round supplies functions that will round numbers in different ways. The functions round and nearest are exported by default; others are available as described below. "use ... qw(:all)" exports all functions. FUNCTIONS
round LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two integers are rounded "to infinity"; i.e., positive values are rounded up (e.g., 2.5 becomes 3) and negative values down (e.g., -2.5 becomes -3). round_even LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest even number; e.g., 2.5 becomes 2, 3.5 becomes 4, and -2.5 becomes -2. round_odd LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest odd number; e.g., 3.5 becomes 3, 4.5 becomes 5, and -3.5 becomes -3. round_rand LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two integers are rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, 2.5 will become 2 half the time and 3 half the time. nearest TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to infinity. For example: nearest(10, 44) yields 40 nearest(10, 46) 50 nearest(10, 45) 50 nearest(25, 328) 325 nearest(.1, 4.567) 4.6 nearest(10, -45) -50 nearest_ceil TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the ceiling, i.e. the next algebraically higher multiple. For example: nearest_ceil(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_ceil(10, 45) 50 nearest_ceil(10, -45) -40 nearest_floor TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the floor, i.e. the next algebraically lower multiple. For example: nearest_floor(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_floor(10, 45) 40 nearest_floor(10, -45) -50 nearest_rand TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, "nearest(10, 45)" will yield 40 half the time and 50 half the time. nlowmult TARGET, LIST Returns the next lower multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically lower. For example: nlowmult(10, 44) yields 40 nlowmult(10, 46) 40 nlowmult(25, 328) 325 nlowmult(.1, 4.567) 4.5 nlowmult(10, -41) -50 nhimult TARGET, LIST Returns the next higher multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically higher. For example: nhimult(10, 44) yields 50 nhimult(10, 46) 50 nhimult(25, 328) 350 nhimult(.1, 4.512) 4.6 nhimult(10, -49) -40 VARIABLE
The variable $Math::Round::half is used by most routines in this module. Its value is very slightly larger than 0.5, for reasons explained below. If you find that your application does not deliver the expected results, you may reset this variable at will. STANDARD FLOATING-POINT DISCLAIMER Floating-point numbers are, of course, a rational subset of the real numbers, so calculations with them are not always exact. Numbers that are supposed to be halfway between two others may surprise you; for instance, 0.85 may not be exactly halfway between 0.8 and 0.9, and (0.75 - 0.7) may not be the same as (0.85 - 0.8). In order to give more predictable results, these routines use a value for one-half that is slightly larger than 0.5. Nevertheless, if the numbers to be rounded are stored as floating-point, they will be subject, as usual, to the mercies of your hardware, your C compiler, etc. AUTHOR
Math::Round was written by Geoffrey Rommel <GROMMEL@cpan.org> in October 2000. perl v5.18.2 2006-11-21 Round(3)