Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storage usage over time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storage usage over time Post 303003321 by venus699 on Tuesday 12th of September 2017 10:33:56 AM
Old 09-12-2017
Storage usage over time

Hi every one, im kind new in scripting.
i need to write a script that will collect my storage usage (df -k) like every hour and save the max amout and min amout into csv file so over time lest say one month we have the min/max values. Is it possible with awk command ?
Any ideas are welcome.Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

time command usage in sh script

how do i get the following type of information when we have a time command in sh script. 0.01user 0.00system 1:32.98elapsed 0%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 5360maxresident)k 0inputs+0outputs (342major+0minor)pagefaults 0swaps I always see the following for the time command real 0m0.000s user ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris_search
7 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 4.3 storage usage report

hi, i'm new to this company and i'm using old AIX 4.3 with DAS and SSA storage. What is the best way to query a report for disk capacity, usage, free, etc. I know in AIX 5 there's a command for "du -g /" or "du -m /" to report the total usage but I'm not using AIX5. In AIX 4.3 I can use "df... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venerayan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Programming

usb real time video storage

Hi, Am working on an embedded device with a camera and I would want to send the video data it streams to a usb device connected to it. Am using the c language and of course Linux (Fedora). Any help and suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THSstd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users and their storage usage

Hey, I'm trying to make a script that can list users and their storage usage in a file. Im trying to get it to where the format is: User xxkbs User2 xkb and so on. So far I figured out how to get the users, but I cannot figure out how to get the storage usage per user. This is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HakerDemon
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find memory usage along with time

Hi Guys, I have a script. It calls an executable inside (programmed in C). I will have to find the execution time of that script and amount of memory consumed by that process as well. #!/bin/sh echo "Script starting" echo "executable staring" executable parm1 parm2 parm3 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

8. Linux

Ps command on cpu usage and time

Hi All, Am very new to Linux and unix ...need below help . need to list of process consuming more than 40% cpu and which are older than 10 days of a particular user .... Thanks V (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky456
4 Replies
COROSYNC-OBJCTL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						COROSYNC-OBJCTL(8)

NAME
corosync-objctl - Configure objects in the Object Database SYNOPSIS
corosync-objctl [-b] [-c|-w|-d|-a|-t-h] <OBJECT-SPEC>... DESCRIPTION
corosync-objctl is used to configure objects within the object database at runtime. OBJECT-SPEC There are two types of entities Objects and Key=Value pairs Objects Objects are container like entities that can hold other entities. They are specified as "objectA"."objectB". An example is log- ging.logger. Key=Value pairs These are the entities that actually hold values (read database "fields"). They are specified as object.key=value or just object.key if you are reading. OPTIONS
-c Create a new object. -d Delete an existing object. -w Use this option when you want to write a new value to a key. -a Display all values currently available. -t Track changes to an object and it's children. As changes are made to the object they are printed out. this is kind of like a "tail -f" for the object database. -h Print basic usage. -b Display binary values in BASH backslash escape sequences format. EXAMPLES
Print the objOne object (shouldn't exist yet). $ corosync-objctl objOne Create the objOne object. $ corosync-objctl -c objOne Print the objOne object (empty). $ corosync-objctl objOne objOne Write two new keys to the objOne object. $ corosync-objctl -w objOne.max=3000 objOne.min=100 Print the objOne object (with the two new keys). $ corosync-objctl objOne objOne.min=100 objOne.max=3000 Delete the objOne.min key $ corosync-objctl -d objOne.min=100 Prove that is gone. $ corosync-objctl objOne objOne.max=3000 Delete the whole objOne object. $ corosync-objctl -d objOne Prove that is gone. $ corosync-objctl objOne SEE ALSO
confdb_initialize(3), AUTHOR
Angus Salkeld 2008-07-29 COROSYNC-OBJCTL(8)