Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) 'time' does NOT work on a function in 'dash'. Post 303003288 by vgersh99 on Monday 11th of September 2017 05:50:23 PM
Old 09-11-2017
probably cannot 'time' a function in dash - dunno.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will the continue function work ????

I have written a script which does a following functions:- 1) Check a area if it is mounted or not 2) If the area is not mounted it will prompt the user to mount the are. 3) Once the area is mounted and the option is given as Y or y the script continues... My question is will the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

2. Web Development

work with date function

hi, how can i can pass the value of unixformat to date/time? and how can i retrieve the day/month/year from a date? thanks a lot for your help ps:i using php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonx22
1 Replies

3. Programming

why printf() function don't go work?

I use FreeBSD,and use signal,like follows: signal(SIGHUP,sig_hup); signal(SIGIO,sig_io); when I run call following code,it can run,but I find a puzzled question,it should print some information,such as printf("execute main()") will print execute main(),but in fact,printf fuction print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get grep to work within function.

Hello again, Am having an issue now with getting a simple grep command to work within a function.. The function is as below... function findRecord() { output=grep "001" recordDatabase echo $output } At the moment the "001"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy *. does not work in function

Hi, I want to copy a file/directory ( recursively , if needed) and if destination directory does not exist create it ( with parent directory, if needed). funcopy () { if ; then echo "$2 exists , copying files" cp -r "$1" "$2" else echo "Directory does not exist;Create directory" mkdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the Sleep function will work?

Hi All, I am new to Unix , there i am facing one problem with sleep command. that is .. in while loop i have defined sleep function .. my condition is like this while #i knew this is infinite loop do sleep 200 echo "hello " done. this condition will never become .. true... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandlysreedhar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function doesn't work

Hello, and here's my problem: I can't get my function to do what I want. When I call my function get_from_A_to_F I give it an argument $remainder. I want my function to substitute a number higher than 9 to a specific letter. If the argument is equal to 10 than it should change it to "A".... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linas
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flock preventing function to work

Hi i have a script that check pings and i use flock to so the script wont run multipul times : its not the whole script but this is the idea : ( flock -x -w 3 200 || exit 1 /usr/sbin/fping -c$count -i$interval -a $hosts > $FILE1 2>&1 ) 200>/var/lock/.myscript.exclusivelock now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX/Shell function does not work as wished

Hello everyone I really hope you can help me, I can't continue: Im on a project to work with my Server. I wanted to put on my server all data-systems and I did this: df -h The output is a string. How can I turn the string into a table? Dateisystem Größe Benutzt Verf. Verw% Eingehängt auf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymuser
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
XSetLineAttributes(3X11)												  XSetLineAttributes(3X11)

Name
       XSetLineAttributes, XSetDashes - GC convenience routines

Syntax
       XSetLineAttributes(display, gc, line_width, line_style, cap_style, join_style)
	     Display *display;
	     GC gc;
	     unsigned int line_width;
	     int line_style;
	     int cap_style;
	     int join_style;

XSetDashes(display, gc, dash_offset, dash_list, n)
	       Display *display;
	       GC gc;
	       int dash_offset;
	       char dash_list[];
	       int n;

Arguments
       cap_style Specifies the line-style and cap-style you want to set for the specified GC.  You can pass or

dash_list Specifies the dash-list for the dashed line-style you want to set for the specified GC.

dash_offset
		 Specifies the phase of the pattern for the dashed line-style you want to set for the specified GC.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

gc	 Specifies the GC.

join_style
		 Specifies the line join-style you want to set for the specified GC.  You can pass or

line_style
		 Specifies the line-style you want to set for the specified GC.  You can pass or

line_width
		 Specifies the line-width you want to set for the specified GC.

n	 Specifies the number of elements in dash_list.

Description
       The function sets the line drawing components in the specified GC.

can generate and errors.

The  function sets the dash-offset and dash-list attributes for dashed line styles in the specified GC.	There must be at least one element
       in the specified dash_list, or a error results.	The initial and alternating elements (second, fourth, and so on) of the dash_list are  the
       even dashes, and the others are the odd dashes.	Each element specifies a dash length in pixels.  All of the elements must be nonzero, or a
       error results.  Specifying an odd-length list is equivalent to specifying the same list concatenated with itself to produce an  even-length
       list.

The  dash-offset  defines  the phase of the pattern, specifying how many pixels into the dash-list the pattern should actually begin in any
       single graphics request.  Dashing is continuous through path elements combined with a join-style but is reset to the dash-offset each  time
       a cap-style is applied at a line endpoint.

The  unit  of measure for dashes is the same for the ordinary coordinate system.  Ideally, a dash length is measured along the slope of the
       line, but implementations are only required to match this ideal for horizontal and vertical lines.  Failing the ideal semantics, it is sug-
       gested  that  the length be measured along the major axis of the line.  The major axis is defined as the x axis for lines drawn at an angle
       of between -45 and +45 degrees or between 315 and 225 degrees from the x axis.  For all other lines, the major axis is the y axis.

can generate and errors.

Diagnostics
       The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory.

A value for a GContext argument does not name a defined GContext.

Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is  accepted.   Any  argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

See Also
       XCreateGC(3X11), XQueryBestSize(3X11), XSetArcMode(3X11), XSetClipOrigin(3X11), XSetFillStyle(3X11), XSetFont(3X11), XSetState(3X11), XSet-
       Tile(3X11)
       Guide to the Xlib Library

XSetLineAttributes(3X11)