Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Clustered filesystem which one to pick Post 303003285 by jokken on Monday 11th of September 2017 05:16:59 PM
Old 09-11-2017
i guess I can change my question to ask:

is there a distributed filesystem I can use on a large fiber channel drive that will let multiple servers write to the drive without corrupting data, but that doesn't require a controlling/clustering server like CEPH and GFS2 does?

not sure if I asked that question with the correct terms but maybe it will generate some discussion in the area I'm unsure about, thx!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat command between clustered hosts

I have 2 clustered hosts, is it possible for me to issue a netstat command against 1 host from the other ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
4 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Clustered Databases Versus Virtualization for CEP Applications

Tim Bass Sat, 17 Nov 2007 04:11:25 +0000 In my earlier*post, A Model For Distributed Event*Processing, I promised to address grid computing, distributed object caching and virtualization, and how these technologies relate to complex event processing.***Some of my readers might forget my earlier... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

4. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Zone migration which are clustered

Hello Admins... How can we migrate a solaris 10 zone which is clustered...?? We have sun cluster 3.2 in our environment. And this is 2 -node cluster Let me know guys... Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 5.5: how to remove a clustered VG?

Hi all, I have a 2 node rhel 5.5 cluster (2 server and 1 quorum disk). I created 2 cluster resources using Luci web console, they are 2 Volume Groups. I want to remove that cluster and shutdown node 2, but I don't want to loose data on Volume Groups clustered. How can I remove that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppeunz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start Services in Clustered Environment

Hello Experts, I have a requirement to start and stop weblogic services in a clustered environment. First i need to start weblogic server and once the server is in Running mode i need to do SSH to other server and there i need to start Node Manager and Managed server, After these two are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beginner786
1 Replies
Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::VFS::Drive - Container around Gnome2::VFS::Volume HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gnome2::VFS::Drive METHODS
string = $drive->get_activation_uri integer = $a->compare ($b) o $b (Gnome2::VFS::Drive) string = $drive->get_device_path devicetype = $drive->get_device_type string = $drive->get_display_name $drive->eject ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string = $drive->get_hal_udi Since: vfs 2.8 string = $drive->get_icon unsigned = $drive->get_id boolean = $drive->is_connected boolean = $drive->is_mounted boolean = $drive->is_user_visible $drive->mount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) list = $drive->get_mounted_volumes Since: vfs 2.8 boolean = $drive->needs_eject Since: vfs 2.16 $drive->unmount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) SIGNALS
volume-mounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-pre-unmount (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-unmounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gnome2::VFS::DeviceType o 'unknown' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN' o 'audio-cd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUDIO_CD' o 'video-dvd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_VIDEO_DVD' o 'harddrive' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_HARDDRIVE' o 'cdrom' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CDROM' o 'floppy' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_FLOPPY' o 'zip' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_ZIP' o 'jaz' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_JAZ' o 'nfs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NFS' o 'autofs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUTOFS' o 'camera' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CAMERA' o 'memory-stick' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MEMORY_STICK' o 'smb' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_SMB' o 'apple' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_APPLE' o 'music-player' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MUSIC_PLAYER' o 'windows' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_WINDOWS' o 'loopback' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_LOOPBACK' o 'network' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NETWORK' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::VFS, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::VFS for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)