Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Custom Report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Custom Report Post 303003263 by pradeep84in on Monday 11th of September 2017 11:29:18 AM
Old 09-11-2017
Hi Robin,

Earlier we were getting this report in the Windows server and we had developed the VBS(VB Script) to perform the same.

Now it's coming to Linux System, so we have to start it from scratch.

I didn't started writing any code till now.

But as per my analysis "insert_job" is the 1st line for each attempt which is a catch here and if I can get the data from 1st "insert_job" to before the next insert_job then can grep each of them as per their 1st part of the line and get the 2nd part by using awk and then echo them to one single line.

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Agarwal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing ip in a custom way

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have e very special question. I have a Lunix server and I have installed Webmin on it. This way, I can create a login for an other user and give him restricted access to some custom commands I set up. One of the commands i would like to setup, is for him to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
9 Replies

5. AIX

Custom libraries possible on AIX 4.2 ?

I had started writting my own custom libraries on an AIX 4.2. Before finishing, I wanted to do a very simple test. So I wrote the followings: test.sh #!/bin/ksh . testlib.sh ZZ=testz "aa" "bb" echo "$ZZ" exit 0 testlib.sh testz () { return "$1$2" } When I ran my test.sh, I got an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing own custom parameters

I have an rsync command that I want to create a variable where user can change to customize the parameters. complete rsync command to run: $RSYNC -e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u --update $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE What I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

8. AIX

NPIV custom WWN

Hi All :) i would like to know if i can customize the WWN of the new VFC (NPIV). Or, if i must move the LPAR on another server with another FCS, i have to change the zoning?? Thanks in advance. Mario ---------- Post updated 09-21-12 at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-20-12 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
MRTG-LOGFILE(1) 						       mrtg							   MRTG-LOGFILE(1)

NAME
mrtg-logfile - description of the mrtg-2 logfile format SYNOPSIS
This document provides a description of the contents of the mrtg-2 logfile. OVERVIEW
The logfile consists of two main sections. The first Line It stores the traffic counters from the most recent run of mrtg. The rest of the File Stores past traffic rate averates and maxima at increassing intervals. The first number on each line is a unix time stamp. It represents the number of seconds since 1970. DETAILS
The first Line The first line has 3 numbers which are: A (1st column) A timestamp of when MRTG last ran for this interface. The timestamp is the number of non-skip seconds passed since the standard UNIX "epoch" of midnight on 1st of January 1970 GMT. B (2nd column) The "incoming bytes counter" value. C (3rd column) The "outgoing bytes counter" value. The rest of the File The second and remaining lines of the file contains 5 numbers which are: A (1st column) The Unix timestamp for the point in time the data on this line is relevant. Note that the interval between timestamps increases as you progress through the file. At first it is 5 minutes and at the end it is one day between two lines. This timestamp may be converted in OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel by using the following formula =(x+y)/86400+DATE(1970;1;1) (instead of ";" it may be that you have to use "," this depends on the context and your locale settings) you can also ask perl to help by typing perl -e 'print scalar localtime(x)," "' x is the unix timestamp and y is the offset in seconds from UTC. (Perl knows y). B (2nd column) The average incoming transfer rate in bytes per second. This is valid for the time between the A value of the current line and the A value of the previous line. C (3rd column) The average outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second since the previous measurement. D (4th column) The maximum incoming transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. This is calculated from all the updates which have occured in the current interval. If the current interval is 1 hour, and updates have occured every 5 minutes, it will be the biggest 5 minute transfer rate seen during the hour. E (5th column) The maximum outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. AUTHOR
Butch Kemper <kemper@bihs.net> and Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-LOGFILE(1)