Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed assistance
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed assistance Post 303003207 by crombiecrunch on Saturday 9th of September 2017 10:55:35 AM
Old 09-09-2017
Im sorry if I wasnt more clear. Sometimes I dont get out everything I am thinking.

But yes I am trying to replace just the one line removing the
Quote:
tu8tu5
with the variable
Quote:
$blckntifypass
which that variable is a randomly generated password.

And that is the only line in the code that needs to be changed and contains tu8tu5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need assistance: sed and repeating patterns

hi, I need to write a command with sed to find all the lines in a file that contain patterns of three or more characters that repeat once and put them inside perenthezes. I cannot tell sed what pattern to look for. it should find repeated patterns automatically. example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metalwarrior
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assistance requested (sed related)

I gotta write a command to change the accounts in /etc/passwd that use a shell other than the bash to bash shell. those accounts that dont use a shell shouldnt get modified. assuming all the shell programs end in sh and other programs dont. and the result should go into /etc/passwd.rev any hint? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalwarrior
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with appending strings using sed and variables

HI, Can't seem to find anything on the forums to fix this. I have a file, one line within this will not have a specific string at the end. I have the string, but need to append it to the specific line which has it missing. I need to use a variable for this, $string - I am using double... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandriver
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace word assistance...

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script designed to take input line by line by line from a file with a word on each line for editing with sed. Example file: 1.ejverything 2.bllown 3.maikling 4.manegement 5.existjing 6.systems My design currently takes input from the user, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfitzwilliams
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with sed

Hi All, I need your assistance, I would like to replace all lines beginning with the word "begin" with the below text: Device | IPMB0-A | IPMB0-B Board Address |Sent SentErr %Errr |Sent SentErr ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need assistance with sed

Hi All, I need your assistance, I would like to replace all lines beginning with the word "begin" with the below text: Device | IPMB0-A | IPMB0-B Board Address |Sent SentErr %Errr |Sent SentErr ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed newbie scripting assistance

Howdy folks, I'm trying to craft a log file summarisation tool for an application that creates a lot of duplicate entries with only a different suffix to indicate point of execution. I thought I'd gotten close but I'm clearly missing something. Here's a genericized version: A text_file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mthespian
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/command assistance

Hello all, I need some help and education creating a script. Basically I have a file with a list of numbers.. 2125554444 2124445555 I need to put them into a format that looks like this.... UQ-V8.1,2125554444,hdaudio UQ-V8.1,2124445555,hdaudio Any help would be greatly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/command assistance

Hello, I'm attempting to play with sed commands again... I have a file named test1 with numbers...ex:5551234567 I run this sed on the file... cat test1 | sed 's/^/homeDnModify "/g' | sed 's/$/" "" 3/g' >test2 Im hoping it will look like this... homeDnModify "551235" "4567" ""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance required to decode sed search using /1

Hi, I am trying to extract line number (first number), as well as everything from TSVal onwards. 4 1.474005 172.18.124.142 -> 74.125.228.46 TCP 2450940617 74 44021 > https Seq=0 Win=5840 Len=0 MSS=1380 SACK_PERM=1 TSval=2450940617 TSecr=0 WS=64 6 1.488149 172.18.124.142 ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sand1234
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)