Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting from log file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extracting from log file Post 303003185 by RudiC on Friday 8th of September 2017 03:14:50 PM
Old 09-08-2017
Please show your failed attempts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting the required text from log files

It would be highly appreciable if any one helps me in this. I am trying to get it done through Java but I love unix and believe it can be done within minutes with couple of lines. The input log file is a text file contains multiple entries seperated by a blank line. Each seperated entry... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting only words from a log file

hello: i have a file and i am trying to extract only unique words from that file. i used the command: cat messages.1 | tr " " "\n" | sort | uniq -c but using this command outputs everything unique in the file be it words, numbers, like all the characters..i need a command which will only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikbenq
6 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

extracting date from log file

You are given a 1 year logfile with each line starting with a date in the form “YYYY-MM-DD”. How would you extract logs from the 4th day of each month and put them into a new file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from a log file with date formats

Hello, I have a log file for the year, which contains lines starting with the data in the format of YYYY-MM-DD. I need to get all the lines that contain the DD being 04, how would I do this? I tried using grep "*-*04" but it didn't work. Any quick one liners I should know about? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpickering
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting log entries from a date onwards

One of the log file looks like entries as below. Wed Apr 6 14:51:18 2011 FAIL LOGIN: Client "9.191.21.54" Wed Apr 6 14:52:53 2011 CONNECT: Client "9.191.21.54" Wed Apr 6 14:52:54 2011 OK LOGIN: Client "9.191.21.54" Wed Apr 6 14:55:10 2011 CONNECT: Client "9.191.21.54" Wed Apr 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting strings from a log file.

I'm new to all this and I've been fiddling with this problem for HOURS and feel silly that I can't work it out! I have a .log file that VERY long and looks like this: 2011-08-31 10:03:34 SUESTART AG Amndmnt Client WebRequest DNU SUEEND Sequence: 600, 2011-08-31 10:03:34 SUESTART... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SusieSA
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the last 10mins worth of data in a log file

Hi all, Hope someone here will be able to help me. Our system has some scripts that are run from a cron job every ten mins and is used to see how many error there are in that time frame. Problem is that in the scripts grep is used to find the data, but as the day goes on these log file grow to a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goldengreen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Delimiter 'TAG' Data From log files

Hi I am trying to extract data from within a log file and output format to a new file for further manipulation can someone provide script to do this? For example I have a file as below and just want to extract all delimited variances of tag 32=* up to the delimiter "|" and output to a new file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while extracting data from log file

I am running awk command to extract data from log file to calculate last 15 minutes log using below command and now i am getting bellow error: awk '$0>=$from' from=$(`date -u +"####<%d-%b-%Y %H:%M:%S o'clock GMT>"-15min`) test.log Error: date: 0551-402 Invalid character in date/time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from rsync log

Hi I have a daily rsync that runs and i am trying to find a easy way of extracting the start time and end time of the sync and extract the details of how much data was copied. I would like to use this information to see if i can increase the amount of rsyncs that run in a day. so the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies
eurephiadm adminaccess(7)												 eurephiadm adminaccess(7)

NAME
eurephiadm-adminaccess - Access control for eurephia administration features DESCRIPTION
The eurephiadm adminaccess is used to grant eurephia users access to the different administration modules in eurephia. Available modes for the adminaccess command are: -G | --grant Grant a specific access level to a user -R | --revoke Revoke access levels -l | --list List all granted accesses -h | --help <mode> Help about a specific mode LIST MODE
The list mode will show the granted user access levels -i | --uid User account ID -u | --username User name -I | --interface Which interfaces to show (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to show GRANT MODE
The grant mode will grant a user access to a specified access level. -i | --uid User account ID -I | --interface Grant access through which interface (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to grant access to REVOKE MODE
The revoke mode will remove an access from the desired user accounts. -i | --uid User account ID -I | --interface Revoke access from interface (default "C") -a | --access-level Which access level to revoke access from ACCESS LEVELS
attempts This access level grants access to the eurephiadm attempts command. The attempts command can list, reset or delete login attempts records in the database. blacklist This is similar to the attempts access. It provides access to the eurphiadm blacklist command, where you can list, add or delete blacklisted usernames, certificate digests or IP addresses. certadmin This level is needed to use the eurephiadm certs command. This commands provides you access to list, add or delete certificate information which the eurephia plug-in will use during the authentication process. config This level grants access to the eurephiadm config and eurephiadm show-config commands. The latter command will list out both the eurephiadm config file and all configuration parameters in the database. The config command is used to set or delete configuration parameters in the database. fwprofiles This access level is needed to list, add or delete firewall profiles eurephia which may use. useradmin This provides access to the eurephiadm users and eurephiadm usercerts commands, which is used to create or delete user accounts and link the user accounts together with a certificate and a firewall access profile. SEE ALSO
eurephiadm(7) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 David Sommerseth <dazo@users.sourceforge.net> David Sommerseth July 2010 eurephiadm adminaccess(7)