Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rearrange fields of delimited text file Post 303003089 by andy2000 on Thursday 7th of September 2017 12:41:11 PM
Old 09-07-2017
Rearrange fields of delimited text file

I want to rearrange the fields of delimited text file after sorting first line (only):

input file:

Code:
a_13;a_2;a_1;a_10
13;2;1;10

the result should be:

Code:
a_1;a_2;a_10;a_13
1;2;10;13

any help would be appreciated

andy

Last edited by Corona688; 09-07-2017 at 01:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort the fields in a comma delimited file

Hi, I have a comma delimited file. I want to sort the fields alphabetically and again store them in a comma delimited file. For example, My file looks like this. abc,aaa,xyz,xxx,def pqr,ggg,eee,iii,qqq zyx,lmo,pqr,abc,fff and I want my output to look like this, all fields sorted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swethapatil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large pipe delimited file that I need to add CR/LF every n fields

I have a large flat file with variable length fields that are pipe delimited. The file has no new line or CR/LF characters to indicate a new record. I need to parse the file and after some number of fields, I need to insert a CR/LF to start the next record. Input file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange the text file

Gents, I have a large file and each line of the file contains more than 200 bytes.Please let me a way to have the new line to start when the word "FIT" appears. I was trialling with 'tr' command but i am not sure how to get it based on bytes and so it wasn't working... Current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while counting number of fields in TAB delimited file

I'm facing a strange problem, please help me out. Here we go. I want to count number of fields in particular file. filename and delimiter character will be passed through parameter. On command prompt if i type following i get 27 as output (which is correct) cat customer.dat | head -1 | awk... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikanna
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print records which do not have expected number of fields in a comma delimited file

Hi, I have a comma (,) delimited file, in which few fields are enclosed with in double quotes " ". I have to print the records in the file which donot have expected number of field with the line number. File1 ==== name,desgnation,doj,project #header#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a free form text delimited by space to words with other fields

Hi, I need your help for below with shell scripting or perl I/P key, Sentence customer1, I am David customer2, I am Taylor O/P Key, Words Customer1,I Customer1,am Customer1,David Customer2,I Customer2,am Customer2,Taylor (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monishathampi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to rearrange fields

Hi, I am required to arrange columns of a file i.e make the 15th column into the 1st column. I am doing awk 'begin {fs=ofs=","} {print $15,$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13,$14}' ad.data>ad.csv the problem is that column 15 gets to column 1 but it is not comma separated with the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seddoubt
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match and Rearrange the Fields in UNIX

For an Output like below Input : <Subject A="I" B="1039502" C="2015-06-30" D="010101010101"> Output : <Subject D="010101010101" B="1039502" C="2015-06-30" A="I"> I have been using something like below but not getting the desired output : awk -F ' ' '/Subject/ BEGIN{OFS=" ";}... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
19 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)