Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need wrapper around mysql query Post 303003013 by drysdalk on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 02:52:05 PM
Old 09-06-2017
Hi,

OK, you could generally wrap this in a script by doing something like this.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

check_mysql_query.pl <whatever your arguments are> >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
returned=$?

if [ "$returned" == "0" ]
then
     echo “OK”
     exit 0
elif [ "$returned" == "1" ]
then
     echo “WARNING”
     exit 1
elif [ "$returned" == "2" ]
then
     echo “CRITICAL”
     exit 2
else
     echo "UNKNOWN"
     exit 3
fi

You don’t strictly need to capture $? into $returned here, I just did it to make things a bit more readable for you.

So the idea is:
  1. Run your plugin
  2. Capture the return code
  3. Respond accordingly

Hope this helps.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Complex MySQL Query(s)

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue, I am working on a bit of a CMDB for a friend, it's to do with real estate. Anyway, this is my situation. I have a table which contains all the properties (forsale, sold, etc) in the DB named "property". Now, this is what I want to achieve, I wish to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
5 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Programming

need to modify Mysql query

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

6. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
MYSQLND_UH_SET_CONNECTION_PROXY(3)					 1					MYSQLND_UH_SET_CONNECTION_PROXY(3)

mysqlnd_uh_set_connection_proxy - Installs a proxy for mysqlnd connections

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqlnd_uh_set_connection_proxy (MysqlndUhConnection &$connection_proxy, [mysqli &$mysqli_connection]) DESCRIPTION
Installs a proxy object to hook mysqlnd's connection objects methods. Once installed, the proxy will be used for all MySQL connections opened with mysqli, mysql or PDO_MYSQL, assuming that the listed extensions are compiled to use the mysqlnd library. The function can be disabled with mysqlnd_uh.enable. If mysqlnd_uh.enable is set to FALSE the function will not install the proxy and always return TRUE. Additionally, an error of the type E_WARNING may be emitted. The error message may read like PHP Warning: mysqlnd_uh_set_connection_proxy(): (Mysqlnd User Handler) The plugin has been disabled by setting the configuration parameter mysqlnd_uh.enable = false. The proxy has not been installed [...]. PARAMETERS
o $connection_proxy - A proxy object of type MysqlndUhConnection. o $mysqli_connection - Object of type mysqli. If given, the proxy will be set for this particular connection only. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success. Otherwise, returns FALSE EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_uh_set_connection_proxy(3) example <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "root", "", "test"); $mysqli->query("SELECT 'No proxy installed, yet'"); class proxy extends MysqlndUhConnection { public function query($res, $query) { printf("%s(%s) ", __METHOD__, var_export(func_get_args(), true)); $ret = parent::query($res, $query); printf("%s returns %s ", __METHOD__, var_export($ret, true)); return $ret; } } mysqlnd_uh_set_connection_proxy(new proxy()); $mysqli->query("SELECT 'mysqlnd rocks!'"); $mysql = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "", "test"); mysql_query("SELECT 'Ahoy Andrey!'", $mysql); $pdo = new PDO("mysql:host=localhost;dbname=test", "root", ""); $pdo->query("SELECT 'Moin Johannes!'"); ?> The above example will output: proxy::query(array ( 0 => NULL, 1 => 'SELECT 'mysqlnd rocks!'', )) proxy::query returns true proxy::query(array ( 0 => NULL, 1 => 'SELECT 'Ahoy Andrey!'', )) proxy::query returns true proxy::query(array ( 0 => NULL, 1 => 'SELECT 'Moin Johannes!'', )) proxy::query returns true SEE ALSO
mysqlnd_uh_set_statement_proxy(3), mysqlnd_uh.enable. PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_UH_SET_CONNECTION_PROXY(3)