Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to parse the variable in .mk file? Post 303002996 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 11:33:39 AM
Old 09-06-2017
Isn't that from your makefile? Why not just set the variables you want to set?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a string variable

Hello all, need a little help. I have an input variable such as ARGV which equals something like /use/home/name/script/test.dat I need to be able to get just the "test.dat" (i.e. the file name) at the end of the directory and the directory can be anything and any length. To put it another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse variable

I have a variable (it is a date actually -> 2007-01-03) which would be passed in as parameter, what I want is to parse in and put year, month, and day in separate variables, I have tried the following but doesn't work echo $dt | awk -F- '{print $1 $2 $3}' | read y m d Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String from a Variable

Hello, Is there a quick way to parse the values from a variable? The variable has the following sample input: TA= The values of the TA variable is not fixed/hardcoded Basically I need to get the IV_Test and PF_SAPP_FWK values. I created a script that first use sed to remove ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse value of the variable

I have a variable which has a full path to the file, for example : A=/t1/bin/f410pdb Does anybody know the command to parce this variable and assign the result to 3 other variables so each subdirectory name will be in a new variable like this B=t1 C=bin D=f410pdb Many thanks -A (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse text file in shell & store to variable

Hi, I need to parse a simple text file like below and store the word that starts with BR* to a variable say $BRno. I need to do this in sh script. NOTE: the length of the numbers following BR is in constant. And there is only 1 BRXXX in a file at a given time. .txt file: BR276828... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script2010
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file and copy value to variable in sh script.

Hi, I need to parse a simple text file like below and store the word that starts with BR* to a variable say $BRno. I need to do this in sh script. NOTE: the length of the numbers following BR is not constant (eg: it could be BR1234 or BR22233). And there is only 1 BRxxxxx in a file at a given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: script2010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file data to script variable

I have a script with few pre defined variables. Also have a config file. Something like this. # config file # Define Oracle User MOD1_TAG=abcde MOD2_TAG=xyzabc MOD3_TAG=def I need to parse the config file and have each of the value copied to different variables. Please suggest what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souryadipta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about parse the variable

I'm using bash the code is QEMU_CMD="qemu-system-x86_64 -smp 2 -m 512 $QEMU_PARAMETER -hda $GUEST_IMAGE -kernel $GUEST_KERNEL -append \"root=/dev/hda rw console=ttyS0,115200 ip=$IP_PARAMETER \" -nographic" echo "..............................." echo "qemu command is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping for one variable while using awk to parse an associated variable

Im trying to search for a single variable in the first field and from that output use awk to extract out the lines that contain a value less than a value stored in another variable. Both the variables are associated with each other. Any guidance is appreciated. File that contains the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies
Makefile::AST(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Makefile::AST(3pm)

NAME
Makefile::AST - AST for (GNU) makefiles DESCRIPTION
The structure of this (GNU) makefile AST is designed based on GNU make's data base listing output produced by "--print-data-base". This AST library provides the following classes: Makefile::AST The primary class for ASTs. Provides interface for node adding and querying, such as "add_implicit_rule", "apply_implicit_rules", "add_explicit_rule", "apply_explicit_rules", "add_var", "add_auto_var", "get_var", as well as lots of other utility functions, like method "eval_var_value" for computing the ultimate values of makefile variables, method "enter_pad" and "leave_pad" for local variable's scoping pad. Makefile::AST::Rule::Base This is the base class for the rule nodes in the AST. It has properties like "normal_prereqs", "order_prereqs", "commands", and "colon". Makefile::AST::Rule This class represents the de-sugared form of simple rules and implicite rules after application. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "target" and "other_targets". Makefile::AST::Rule::Implicit This class represents the implicit rule nodes in the AST. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "targets", "match_anything", and "is_terminal". Makefile::AST::StemMatch This class encapsulates the file pattern matching (file names containing "%") and stem substitution algorithms. Makefile::AST::Variable It represents the makefile variable nodes in the AST, including "name", "value", "flavor", and "origin". Makefile::AST::Command Used to encapsulate information regarding makefile rule commands (e.g. command body, command modifiers "@", "-", "+", and etc.) as a whole. LIMITATIONS AND TODO
Adding support for other flavors' makes into this AST library should make a huge amount of sense. The most interesting candiate is Microsoft's NMAKE. CODE REPOSITORY
For the very latest version of this script, check out the source from http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm <http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm>. There is anonymous access to all. AUTHOR
Zhang "agentzh" Yichun "<agentzh@gmail.com>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang "agentzh" Yichun (agentzh). This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Makefile::AST::Evaluator, Makefile::Parser::GmakeDB, makesimple, pgmake-db, Makefile::DOM. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-17 Makefile::AST(3pm)