Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ps2pdf: Unrecoverable error
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ps2pdf: Unrecoverable error Post 303002986 by ADHVADARZIN on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 08:52:26 AM
Old 09-06-2017
Thanks for the response Andrew. I installed ghostscript 7.05 source code from

gnu.org / pub / gnu

Unix version : HP-UX gbaheu53 B.11.11 U 9000/800 1193201791 unlimited-user license

I have tried to view the ps file using the below command. But DEVICE display is not available.

Code:
 $ gs -sDEVICE=display RFLABEL30.ps

I downloaded the GS package and transferred (binary mode) it to unix via cmd. Then it was extracted using command

Code:
 $ gtar zxvf

Same was done for 3rd party libraries JPEG, LIBPNG, ZLIB. Then it was configured via the command

Code:
 $ configure

and installed via

Code:
 $ make install

How will I able to find out which is the init file missing. While googling. most of the init file missing cases were for gs_init.ps. But this file is available in the directory /home/mbsysop/ghostscript-7.05/lib.

Can you please help.

Last edited by ADHVADARZIN; 09-06-2017 at 10:00 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there an unrecoverable erase command?

I am "retiring" an old unix box and need to erase all sensitive data so that it can not be recovered. Does anyone know a unix command for this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyderpa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

6. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on ps2pdf

Hi, Iam trying to convert a .ps file to pdf in unix. iam using the command like ps2pdf my_file.ps my_file.pdf it is working in server1. if i execute the same in another (server2), its not working.. So i have downloaded the ps files (ps2pdf,ps2pdfwr,ps2pdf14,ps2pdf13,ps2pdf12,gs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep Garine
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Creating pdf with bookmarks using ps2pdf ??

Hello to all, I have a *.ps file, which needs to be converted to a pdf file. The file is huge & i would like it to have bookmarked according to main titles (already provided). What is the option used in ps2pdf command, that will generate bookmarks from a *.ps file ? Kindly help. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies
SEQDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							SEQDIAG(1)

NAME
seqdiag - generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
seqdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the seqdiag commands. seqdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/seqdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
seqdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 21, 2011 SEQDIAG(1)