Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers For loop with space in file name Post 303002965 by vbe on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 04:43:04 AM
Old 09-06-2017
would
Code:
ls -ltr| for z in "ABC-????????*to*????????*".zip
do unzip $z -d
done

not do the job?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to protect white space in for loop

Hi All, I know there's a really simple answer to this but I just can't think of it :) I'm processing a file which has lines containing white space i.e. And I want to perform some awk on each line but when I do the following: for US in $( cat /tmp/unique-strings.tmp | sed 's/\/\\]/g'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files with space, in for loop

Hi All I need to put a bunch of specific files in a directory (with loads of other files), into a tar archive. The best way I thought of doing this was putting the filenames into a file, reading them line by line in a for loop, and then adding them to a tar acrhive. However the filenames have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of For loop with Space

Hi, I am trying to query the database to get the list of portfolio and for each portfolio, I am using the for loop, but the problem is some of the portfolio is having the spaces. The Code PORT=`${EFG_ISQL} -b <<-! set nocount on use ${EFG_DB} go select portId from PORTFOLIO go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter35james
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem if parameter has space in it using loop

for cmdopts in $*;do case $cmdopts in -mode) mode="$2";shift 2 ;; -server) server="$2";shift 2 ;; -Id) Id="$2";shift 2 ;; -passwd) passwd="$2";shift 2 ;; -rmtDir) rmtDir="$2";shift 2 ;; -lcDir) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape space in for loop

I have a file with the following contents # more hello.txt man hello man whereru The shell script i have tries to echo the contents of the file hello.txt for i in `cat hello.txt` do echo $i done but the output i am getting is taking the space as a new line.. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape space characters in loop from file

Hi Everyone! I want to build sql inserts from a list of countries/regions saved in a file. The list looks like this: United Kingdom Czech Republic ... The script I run is: while read i; do var=`expr $var + 1`; echo "INSERT INTO calltypes VALUES($var, '$i','$i');" >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuca
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through space separated values?

How do I loop thru space separated values in a variable? I hate to use very complicated counter increment logic for this kind of simple problem. Expected result(using ksh) $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | <looping code here> var=aaa var=bbbb var=cccc $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | while IFS=" "... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read the first space of a record in while loop

I have a loop like while read i do echo "$i" . . . done < tms.txt The tms.txt contians data like 2008-02-03 00:00:00 <space>00:00:00 . . . 2010-02-03 10:54:32 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on For Loop to pass space separated value as one value

Hi, I am having a file say list1 with a output like below jun 12 18:23 may 20 18:23 Now i want to pass the above two values into for loop,I have written a script like this. #!/bin/bash a=`cat list1` for i in $a do echo "HI $i" done expected output: HI jun 12 18:23 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)