Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect question
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Expect question Post 303002953 by jimmyf on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 05:10:38 PM
Old 09-05-2017
Yes, I've tried that, didn't change anything.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question regarding EXPECT

I am rather new to using expect and have only written a few scripts using it. I am trying to create a script that will read a file containing a number of hostnames and then for each one: ssh into the box, run a command, scp the output back to a center server. So far I can make all that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finnje
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expect question

I am trying to write a script that telnets out to multiple ip's, runs some commands exits and the telnets to the next ip. I wrote the following script and it works great until the program hits a nonresponsive ip. I would like this to recognize the ip is bad and move on in the foreach loop. How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbaets01
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about an expect script

I am using Expect to spawn a command that loops through a text file and runs the same command for each item in the text file. The text file, named stat.txt looks something like this: 2007-04 alist 543 2008-07 blist 543 2008-03 xlist 345 2008-03 ylist 675 2003-03 zlist 567 The expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect question

Hi all, I have got a small expect script like this one. #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 2 spawn ftp $env(IP) match_max 100000 expect -exact "Name" send -- "$env(USER)\n" expect -exact "Password:" send -- "$env(PASSWORD)\n" expect "%" send "bin\r" expect "%" send "prompt\r"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

two question about expect srcipt

Hi experts, I have two question about expect script questions 1 send "tar -xjvf a.tar\r" send "ifconfig\r" I want to know if it just run "ifconfig after "tar -xjvf a.tar complete. or the two cmd run at the same time question 2 after I use the expect to ssh to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

Have an expect script but can't seem to de-bug it. It's stalling at the password prompt. If anyone can see a mistake, kindly let me know. Thanks. Here is the error: spawn ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no user@xx.xx.xx.xx rpm -qa # Warning! You have entered into a secured area! # # All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

I'm using expect to log into a remote host and then execute another script. A log of the script is being created but I can't see to get the script to display while it's running. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here is the script. #!/bin/bash cd /root cat /root/hostname1.txt | while read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies
Test::Expect(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Expect(3pm)

NAME
Test::Expect - Automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs SYNOPSIS
# in a t/*.t file: use Test::Expect; use Test::More tests => 13; expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Expect is a module for automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs. It is handy for testing interactive programs which have a prompt, and is based on the same concepts as the Tcl Expect tool. As in Expect::Simple, the Expect object is made available for tweaking. Test::Expect is intended for use in a test script. SUBROUTINES
expect_run The expect_run subroutine sets up Test::Expect. You must pass in the interactive program to run, what the prompt of the program is, and which command quits the program: expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect The expect subroutine is the catch all subroutine. You pass in the command, the expected output of the subroutine and an optional comment. expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send The expect_send subroutine sends a command to the program. You pass in the command and an optional comment. expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is The expect_is subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's is. It has an optional comment: expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like The expect_like subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's like. It has an optional comment: expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); expect_handle This returns the Expect object. expect_quit Closes the Expect handle. SEE ALSO
Expect, Expect::Simple. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard, "<acme@astray.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-12 Test::Expect(3pm)