Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network related issues
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Network related issues Post 303002939 by ggayathri on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 11:21:41 AM
Old 09-05-2017
Network related issues

Oflate we are finding a few servers experiencing severe slowness. What would be the commands that I need to try to postmortem the situation?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network printer issues

Hello, I have been having a problem with printing to a network printer on my LAN, I am able to ping all ports from the server and the printer. Print request just stay in the print que the only way to print is from the parallel line to the server. Any ideas on what can be going wrong?? Lp sched is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ostac
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 network, process, database related comands

Hi everbody, Can anyone let me know the resources for list of network, process, database related commands of solaris10 possibly with little bit of explanation. Thanks in advance, Chandra Sekhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandoo.java
1 Replies

3. Programming

Fork syscall and related issues

Hi all, i just started started learning system programming and want to pursue a career in the sys prog area. below is the program that use a fork() call. i read in one of the tutorials that parent process and child process uses different address spaces and runs concurrently. that meas each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for network issues

Hi all, How do i check for network issues on a server (solaris & linux) - interms of connectivity, collision, congestion, whatever that's impacting the connection to/from the server? Please advise. Thanks. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greencored
4 Replies

5. AIX

Network related errors

Hi How to check if my AIX server has any network related errors ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Swap space related issues, how to recognise the newly attached disk

hi!:) i got a problem....:wall::wall: i got several disks in my diskarray. I attached new disk to allocate it to the swap space. The problem is : how to recognise the newly attached disk? I've one more requirement -:wall:- i want to run dns service on another port number.how can i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network related script

First of all,I would like to introduce about me, This is my own try and this is not my homework,and I study myself reading shell script pdf guide from net and learn shell scripts bit by bit.I am self study learner.I try to work out shell scripts.please help to resolve this type of problem.when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
1 Replies
ypmake(1M)																ypmake(1M)

NAME
ypmake - create or rebuild Network Information Service databases SYNOPSIS
source_directory] NIS_domain] passwd_file] shadow_file] [map [map ...]] source_directory] NIS_domain] passwd_file] shadow_file] [map ...] Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (yp). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
is a shell script that builds one or more Network Information Service (NIS) maps (databases) on a master NIS server. If no arguments are specified, either creates maps if they do not already exist or rebuilds maps that are not current. These maps are constructed from ASCII files. then executes to notify slave NIS servers of the change and make the slave servers copy the updated maps to their machines (see yppush(1M)). If any maps are supplied on the command line, creates or updates those maps only. Permissible names for maps are the filenames in listed under FILES below. In addition, specific maps can be named, such as or The command can be used instead of (see make(1)). The no longer calls the script but now actually constructs the maps. All NIS commands have been modified to use the instead of The and can co-exist, but it is recommended that you consider using the which is the standard mechanism for building maps on other vendor's machines. Both the and script use five variables: The directory containing the ASCII source files from which maps are constructed. defaults to Causes to construct maps for the specified NIS_domain. defaults to the NIS domain shown by (see domainname(1)). When non-null (null by default), inhibits copying the new or updated databases to the slave NIS servers. Only slave NIS servers in the specified domain receive notification when is null. Does the same thing as and sends a "clear current map" request to the local process. Specifies the full pathname of the ASCII file that should use when building the NIS passwd maps. defaults to Specifies the full pathname of the ASCII file that must use in conjunction with the to build NIS password maps. is ignored if is set to 0 in defaults to The order of arguments passed to is unimportant, but the maps are built or updated in the left-to-right order provided. Refer to ypfiles(4) and ypserv(1M) for an overview of Network Information Service. NOTE: The file contains IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. collects data from the file and builds four maps, namely and The and maps contain IPv4 data and the and maps contain IPv4 and IPv6 data. DIAGNOSTICS
returns one of the following exit codes upon completion: 0 Normal termination; no problems. 1 One or more unrecognized arguments were passed. 2 The NIS domain name is not set. 3 The subdirectory used to contain maps for a specific NIS domain, does not exist or is not writable. 4 An error was encountered when building at least one of the maps. 5 One or more maps' ASCII files do not exist or are unreadable. EXAMPLES
Create or rebuild the password databases (both the and maps) from and use to copy the databases to any slave NIS servers in the default NIS domain: Create or rebuild the hosts databases from but do not copy the databases to any slave NIS servers: Create or rebuild the network maps from and copy the maps to any slave NIS servers in NIS domain AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
domainname(1), make(1), makedbm(1M), ypinit(1M), yppush(1M), ypserv(1M), group(4), hosts(4), netgroup(4), networks(4), passwd(4), proto- cols(4), publickey(4), rpc(4), services(4), ypfiles(4). ypmake(1M)