Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help required with Solaris LDoms Post 303002931 by apmcd47 on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 09:31:23 AM
Old 09-05-2017
Thanks for this. So this is how you restored a working client domain onto a brand-new hardware after the old one croaked?

I don't appear to have an /var/opt/ldom-db.xml. Is it possibly somewhere else on a Solaris 11 system?

Andrew

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Info required zones in solaris

Can anyone explain me what is the use of zones in solaris. Also how to find whether it is a local or global zone. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting Solaris LDOMS Control Domains

We are having a discussion on what order LDOMS and control domains should be booted. I think it should be LDOMS first then Control. Can anyone tell me why I am wrong or why I am right. Thanks, :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Install LDoms in T2000 running Solaris 11.2

Hi, im trying a lab with Solaris 11.2 in SunFire T2000 I read about know problem with ldomsmanager version. Solaris 11 comes with ldomsmanager 2.2 and T2000 needs 1.2. I need to install ldomsmanager version 1.2 but i donīt know why... i canīt find it at oracle site. I found oracle VM for SPARC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine. Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
8 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)