Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Prevent content of variables from showing in ps Post 303002926 by apmcd47 on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 08:38:17 AM
Old 09-05-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySmart
im doing something more like:

Code:
script1.sh | script2.sh

In that case you could consider using pgrep
Code:
ps -p $(pgrep -d, script-name) -F

or (I've just discovered this myself!) ps -C name
Code:
ps -F -C script-name

You can use the -o switch to define the output format of ps.

Andrew

PS I think your original problem with the environment variables was to do with mixing Posix and UCB command options. Your
Code:
ps -efauxx

was being interpreted as the UCB-compatible command
Code:
ps auxe

You cannot mix options with a - with options without a -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to prevent deadlock on this...

I am using linux termios structure to configure serial port and read the port by read function. For some reason, if I read the whole buffer, almost every time the buffer does not contain the correct reply message sequence from a device sending reply to my linux PC. So I use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yimab
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put content of file into variables

How to put a line of strings (with some white spaces in between) from a file into variables? I have tried the following codes. However, the content is cut by space (not by line) for i in `cat ${source_file}` do echo $i done Please comment. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing content of 2 variables in script

hello how can i compare the content of two variables using the if or for loops. I have 2 variables which was formed as result of commands pass into them but i want to now compare the 2 contents and echo where their is a match for examples variable1=`cat file2` variable2=`cat file3` if #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4now
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file content as individual variables

Hello, I've created a couple of files within a list using the command "ls -ltr | tail -2 > list" These files are the newest files placed within a directory. From the "list" file, I need to place the filenames as a variable. In which the newest file will be called "new_ctrl" the older file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Content from one file to another with variables

Greetings All, Need some help, your input is appreciated. Scenario: I have five files, each has one line with comletely different content. I execute the command to combine all the five lines of content into a single file. Goal: I would like to take that single file that has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicate content and only keep the first content detail

Input data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_21 SSA data_19 TYUEC data_14 TYUE data_15 SSA data_32 PEOCV . . Desired Output data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_19 TYUEC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing content of two variables

I have very abstract need of "comparing two variables" and take subsequent actions. please refer to image below https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-frNk5iA3q1c/TjI3lE0sWOI/AAAAAAAAAIE/fxzB1w07gas/script_block.JPG I have a part of script which reads a file and generates variables based on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prevent process from being killed

Hi,all.Well,I know someone has already asked this question before,however,It's too long before.So i post a new thread here. Here is the issue.I have a shell script that use awk to calculate something and the script takes about 15 mins,it will use 100% CPU,and the system automatically killed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent Accidents 'rm -rf *'?

When invoking unix commands from other third party tools (IBM ETL), we run the rm / mv commands with the folder as argument been passed. Eg rm -rf {folder}/* when the parameter {folder} did not pass rightly or becomes blank, the command becomes dangerous to execute rm -rf /* How to prevent... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)