Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help required with Solaris LDoms Post 303002910 by garydeena on Tuesday 5th of September 2017 01:15:01 AM
Old 09-05-2017
Hi. I lost the mother board on my Sparc server running Solaris 10 and lost the SP.
the below restored everything. Very easy as long as you have backups.

ldm list-spconfig
factory-default - should be current. ( next startup )

Will not restore primary if spconfig and ldom-db.xml differ

mv /var/opt/ldom-db.xml /var/opt/ldom-db.xml-orig

reboot

ldm init-system -r -i primary-ldomname.xml

ldm add-domain -i ldomname.xml

bind ldomname
ldm start-domain ldomname

That's it. Then ldm add-spconfig latest

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Info required zones in solaris

Can anyone explain me what is the use of zones in solaris. Also how to find whether it is a local or global zone. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting Solaris LDOMS Control Domains

We are having a discussion on what order LDOMS and control domains should be booted. I think it should be LDOMS first then Control. Can anyone tell me why I am wrong or why I am right. Thanks, :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Install LDoms in T2000 running Solaris 11.2

Hi, im trying a lab with Solaris 11.2 in SunFire T2000 I read about know problem with ldomsmanager version. Solaris 11 comes with ldomsmanager 2.2 and T2000 needs 1.2. I need to install ldomsmanager version 1.2 but i donīt know why... i canīt find it at oracle site. I found oracle VM for SPARC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine. Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
8 Replies
STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)

NAME
stag-autoschema - writes the implicit stag-schema for a stag file SYNOPSIS
stag-autoschema -w sxpr sample-data.xml stag-autoschema -dtd sample-data.xml DESCRIPTION
Takes a stag compatible file (xml, sxpr, itext), or a file in any format plus a parser, and writes out the implicit underlying stag-schema stag-schema should look relatively self-explanatory. Here is an example stag-schema, shown in sxpr syntax: (db (person* (name "s" (address+ (address_type "s") (street "s") (street2? "s") (city "s") (zip? "s"))))) The database db contains zero or more persons, each person has a mandatory name and at least one address. The cardinality mnemonics are as follows: + 1 or more ? 0 or one * 0 or more The default cardinality is 1 ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module xml assumed as default -dtd exports schema as DTD -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module, OR DTD The default is sxpr note that stag schemas exported as xml will be invalid xml, due to the use of symbols *, +, ? in the node names LIMITATIONS
not event based - memory usage becomes exhorbitant on large files; prepare a small sample beforehand perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)