Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Happy birthday Neo
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Happy birthday Neo Post 303002807 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 1st of September 2017 04:32:06 PM
Old 09-01-2017
Happy birthday Neo

Wish you many many happy returns of the day, stay blessed.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Happy birthday Linux

Linux has turned 10 . Happy birthday and congrats to the hackers whose labor pains keep giving us new tarballs. (From /. ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mib
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Birthday Calculation

Hi I have a simple question. Is there an easy way to read a date of birth from a file and calculate how old that person is based on today's date? And would I need the make sure the birthdates are enterered in a particular format? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustaine85
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX 40th Birthday

A little off topic, as far as not being a critical help issue, but I have been searching about for the OFFICIAL date that is considered the 40th Birthday of UNIX. Some folks mentioned it in March, I think do to a mention on Slashdot of the 40th birthday being this year, but I thought I recall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

4. Linux

Happy Birthday Linux :)

The Linux kernel was originally created by Linus Torvalds, a Finnish computer science student, and first announced to the world on August 25, 1991-exactly 20 years ago today. At the time, Torvalds described his work as a "hobby" and contended that it would not be "big and professional" like the GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies
IO::Pipe(3perl) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   IO::Pipe(3perl)

NAME
IO::Pipe - supply object methods for pipes SYNOPSIS
use IO::Pipe; $pipe = IO::Pipe->new(); if($pid = fork()) { # Parent $pipe->reader(); while(<$pipe>) { ... } } elsif(defined $pid) { # Child $pipe->writer(); print $pipe ... } or $pipe = IO::Pipe->new(); $pipe->reader(qw(ls -l)); while(<$pipe>) { ... } DESCRIPTION
"IO::Pipe" provides an interface to creating pipes between processes. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [READER, WRITER] ) Creates an "IO::Pipe", which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "IO::Pipe::new" optionally takes two arguments, which should be objects blessed into "IO::Handle", or a subclass thereof. These two objects will be used for the system call to "pipe". If no arguments are given then method "handles" is called on the new "IO::Pipe" object. These two handles are held in the array part of the GLOB until either "reader" or "writer" is called. METHODS
reader ([ARGS]) The object is re-blessed into a sub-class of "IO::Handle", and becomes a handle at the reading end of the pipe. If "ARGS" are given then "fork" is called and "ARGS" are passed to exec. writer ([ARGS]) The object is re-blessed into a sub-class of "IO::Handle", and becomes a handle at the writing end of the pipe. If "ARGS" are given then "fork" is called and "ARGS" are passed to exec. handles () This method is called during construction by "IO::Pipe::new" on the newly created "IO::Pipe" object. It returns an array of two objects blessed into "IO::Pipe::End", or a subclass thereof. SEE ALSO
IO::Handle AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 IO::Pipe(3perl)