Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retrieving previous command in a script Post 303002690 by SkySmart on Wednesday 30th of August 2017 03:52:46 PM
Old 08-30-2017
The OS is any Unix system and I intend to use it across all platforms.

But if you need me to narrow it down:

Code:
RedHat
CentOS
Fedora
AIX
Raspian
Ubuntu

Shell: 
/bin/sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the previous command

Hello all I'm on SunOS5.9 and I'm trying to make the arrow keys work as in DOS ..get the previous command , etc .. I searched this site and got an answer. I pasted the following code to my .kshrc file in my home directory...It still does not seem to work ...Am I missing anything here ? I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving the execution time of a completed command

Hello, I am new to this forum and relatively new to unix, but hope to become an expert soon! My question is: How can I find out the execution time of a command that has already completed execution? More specifically, I launched a Python script to populate a PostgreSQL database on Suse... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing previous command

Guys, In work we have just gotten a new HP 9000 server and I'm trying to set it up so that if I press <Up arrow> key I can see the command I typed in last(and press enter to run it again). Can anyone advise how to set this up. One friend suggested I touch a file called .toucheditXXXX (I cant... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackieChan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Retrieving the full command

Hi All, I would like to retrieve the whole command that got executed for a running process rather than a truncated string, as a result of running ps -ef on HP-UX. Please help. TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trocadero
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Previous command

Hi, i would like to retrieve (only retrieve, not execute) a previous command which i executed on the command prompt. I tried the 'up arrow' key, but its not working. Instead,it showed me some funny characters. I searched around and i found the way to do it was using the way below. Several... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieving command line arguments of a particular PID

hi The "ps" command shows the command line arguments of running processes: $ /bin/ps -o pid,args -e .... 26031 pico /tmp/crontab2KaG1Y 596 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m 9955 xterm -n 1 -sb -sl 800 -g 80+70+70 2627 /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd -a 1691 .... I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from tab-delimited file in unix script

Hi I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using while read record value=`echo $record | cut -f12` done Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file. But it is returning the full record. Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)