Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare Values in a Delimited Text file Post 303002644 by krux_rap on Tuesday 29th of August 2017 09:02:09 PM
Old 08-29-2017
Thanks vgersh. Updated the input data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 delimited file

Hi, Need one more help We have 2 file which we need to compare First file data.txt has data like 223300 440066 and second file ref.txt has 223300|abcd 223456|rtye 5423890|uytr 440066|uiyu I need to compare these 2 file and the output should be 223300|abcd 440066|uiyu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashu_r2001
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from tab-delimited file in unix script

Hi I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using while read record value=`echo $record | cut -f12` done Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file. But it is returning the full record. Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert text to columns in tab delimited text file

Hello Gurus, I have a text file containing nearly 12,000 tab delimited characters with 4000 rows. If the file size is small, excel can convert the text into coloumns. However, the file that I have is very big. Can some body help me in solving this problem? The input file example, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a text file with irregular spacing into a space delimited text file?

I have a text file with irregular spacing between values which makes it really difficult to manipulate. Is there an easy way to convert it into a space delimited text file so that all the spaces, double spaces, triple spaces, tabs between numbers are converted into spaces. The file looks like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a space delimited text file based on the values of a column

I have a space delimited text file. I want to extract rows where the third column has 0 as a value and write those rows into a new space delimited text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort tab delimited file according to which rows have missing values

Hello! I have a tab delimited file with values in three columns. Some values occur in all three columns, other values are present in only one or two columns. I would like to sort the file so that rows with no missing values come first, rows with one missing values come next, and rows with two... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBarrett1213
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 'duplicated' column values and make a delimited file too?

Hi, I have the following output from an Oracle SQL statement and I want to remove duplicated column values. I know it is possible using Oracle analytical/statistical functions but unfortunately I don't know how to use any of those. So now, I've gone to PLAN B using awk/sed maybe or any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies
ppm2tiff(1)							   User Commands						       ppm2tiff(1)

NAME
ppm2tiff - create a TIFF file from a PPM image file SYNOPSIS
ppm2tiff [options] [input.ppm] output.tif DESCRIPTION
ppm2tiff converts a file in the PPM image format to TIFF. By default, the TIFF image is created with data samples packed (PlanarConfigura- tion=1), compressed with the Lempel-Ziv and Welch algorithm (Compression=5), and with each strip no more than 8 kilobytes. These character- istics can be overridden or explicitly specified with the options described below. If the PPM file contains grayscale data, the PhotometricInterpretation tag is set to 1 (min-is-black). Otherwise, the PhotometricInterpre- tation tag is set to 2 (RGB). If no PPM file is specified on the command line, ppm2tiff reads from the standard input. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Specify a compression scheme to use when writing image data: -c jpeg Baseline JPEG compression algorithm. -c lzw Lempel-Ziv and Welch algorithm. This is the default algorithm. -c none No compression. -c packbits PackBits compression algorithm. -c zip Deflate compression algorithm. -r Write data with a specified number of rows per strip. By default, the number of rows per strip is selected so that each strip is approximately 8 kilobytes. -R Mark the resultant image to have the specified X and Y resolution, in dots per inch. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: input.ppm The name of the input file that contains PPM data. output.tif The name of the output file that contains TIFF data. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), tiffmedian(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 ppm2tiff(1)