Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not to remove Files based on property value Post 303002621 by sukhdip on Tuesday 29th of August 2017 08:34:53 AM
Old 08-29-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Did you consider the "extended globbing" feature in recent bashes? man bash:
You could build the composite pattern from your property file, and then remove all files except the given ones.
Hi RudiC,

Could you please help a bit with code level understanding.
I am not that much into scritping!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Design Options for Property Files

Dear all, Hello and Good Morning. I have a properties file in a specific directory in UNIX that can be accessed by certain users. This properties file is being used by a number of backend programs. The properties file contain the username and the password of the database as well. How do I design... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackal28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/Find files based on position pattern

Hi All, Please help me to find or remove files based on position based search pattern. file1.txt: aaabbbccc dddeeefff iiijjjkkk file2.txt: lllmmmnnn ooopppqqq rrrsssttt file3.txt: uuuvvvwww xxxeeeyyy zzzcccooo From the above files, I like to delete the files that have "eee"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate files based on text string?

Hi I have been struggling with a script for removing duplicate messages from a shared mailbox. I would like to search for duplicate messages based on the “Message-ID” string within the messages files. I have managed to find the duplicate “Message-ID” strings and (if I would like) delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spangberg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

Hello team, I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date?? is there any syntax for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove column based on the same value

Hello, I have some problem to remove the columns which have the duplicate value of -9 which is in every row except -9 in some row. Input file showed in below : Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Col6 A 1 A -9 0 -9 B 2 T -9 -9 -9 C 3 D -9 1 -9 D 4 R -9 2 -9 Output should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Find highest value of a particular property in multiple files

I have multiple files with pattern of "*.tps (example:tps-20170307170421560-1053.tps)" in my log directory(files are in different sub directories). entries in files are given below. I want to extract highest value of endtime accross all files. "endTime :1488902691462" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agoyals1986
7 Replies
ptree_create_prop(3PICLTREE)				  PICL Plug-In Library Functions			      ptree_create_prop(3PICLTREE)

NAME
ptree_create_prop, ptree_destroy_prop - create or destroy a property SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lpicltree [ library... ] #include <picltree.h> int ptree_create_prop(ptree_propinfo_t *pinfo, void *valbuf, picl_prophdl_t *proph); int ptree_destroy_prop(picl_prophdl_t proph); DESCRIPTION
The ptree_create_prop() function creates a property using the information specified in pinfo, which includes the name, type, access mode, and size of the property, as well as the read access function for a volatile property. The value of the property is specified in the buffer valbuf, which may be NULL for volatile properties. The handle of the property created is copied into the location given by proph. See libpicltree(3PICLTREE) for more information on the structure of ptree_propinfo_t structure. The ptree_destroy_prop() function destroys the property specified by the handle proph. For a table property, the entire table is destroyed. The property to be destroyed must have been previously deleted. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. On failure, a non-negative integer is returned to indicate an error. PICL_STALEHANDLE is returned if the handle is no longer valid. This occurs if the PICL tree was refreshed or reinitialized. PICL_INVALIDHANDLE is returned if the specified handle never existed. ERRORS
PICL_NOTSUPPORTED Property version not supported PICL_VALUETOOBIG Value exceeds maximum size PICL_NOTPROP Not a property PICL_CANTDESTROY Attempting to destroy before delete PICL_RESERVEDNAME Property name is reserved PICL_INVREFERENCE Invalid reference property value PICL_INVALIDHANDLE Invalid handle PICL_STALEHANDLE Stale handle PICL_FAILURE General system failure ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libpicltree(3PICLTREE), ptree_add_prop(3PICLTREE), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 2000 ptree_create_prop(3PICLTREE)