Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not to remove Files based on property value Post 303002621 by sukhdip on Tuesday 29th of August 2017 08:34:53 AM
Old 08-29-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Did you consider the "extended globbing" feature in recent bashes? man bash:
You could build the composite pattern from your property file, and then remove all files except the given ones.
Hi RudiC,

Could you please help a bit with code level understanding.
I am not that much into scritping!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Design Options for Property Files

Dear all, Hello and Good Morning. I have a properties file in a specific directory in UNIX that can be accessed by certain users. This properties file is being used by a number of backend programs. The properties file contain the username and the password of the database as well. How do I design... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackal28
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/Find files based on position pattern

Hi All, Please help me to find or remove files based on position based search pattern. file1.txt: aaabbbccc dddeeefff iiijjjkkk file2.txt: lllmmmnnn ooopppqqq rrrsssttt file3.txt: uuuvvvwww xxxeeeyyy zzzcccooo From the above files, I like to delete the files that have "eee"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate files based on text string?

Hi I have been struggling with a script for removing duplicate messages from a shared mailbox. I would like to search for duplicate messages based on the “Message-ID” string within the messages files. I have managed to find the duplicate “Message-ID” strings and (if I would like) delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spangberg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

Hello team, I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date?? is there any syntax for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove column based on the same value

Hello, I have some problem to remove the columns which have the duplicate value of -9 which is in every row except -9 in some row. Input file showed in below : Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Col6 A 1 A -9 0 -9 B 2 T -9 -9 -9 C 3 D -9 1 -9 D 4 R -9 2 -9 Output should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Find highest value of a particular property in multiple files

I have multiple files with pattern of "*.tps (example:tps-20170307170421560-1053.tps)" in my log directory(files are in different sub directories). entries in files are given below. I want to extract highest value of endtime accross all files. "endTime :1488902691462" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agoyals1986
7 Replies
XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)										XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)

NAME
XmDeactivateProtocol -- A VendorShell function that deactivates a protocol without removing it SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Xm/Protocols.h> void XmDeactivateProtocol( Widget shell, Atom property, Atom protocol); DESCRIPTION
XmDeactivateProtocol deactivates a protocol without removing it. It updates the handlers and the property if the shell is realized. It is sometimes useful to allow a protocol's state information (callback lists, and so on) to persist, even though the client may choose to tem- porarily resign from the interaction. The main use of this capability is to gray/ungray f.send_msg entries in the MWM system menu. To support this capability, protocol is allowed to be in one of two states: active or inactive. If protocol is active and shell is realized, property contains the protocol Atom. If protocol is inactive, Atom is not present in the property. XmDeactivateWMProtocol is a convenience interface. It calls XmDeactivateProtocol with the property value set to the atom returned by interning WM_PROTOCOLS. shell Specifies the widget with which the protocol property is associated property Specifies the protocol property protocol Specifies the protocol atom For a complete definition of VendorShell and its associated resources, see VendorShell(3). RELATED
mwm(1), VendorShell(3), XmActivateProtocol(3), XmDeactivateWMProtocol(3), and XmInternAtom(3). XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)