Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Simple symmetrical wave RMS DEMO using awk. Post 303002591 by jim mcnamara on Monday 28th of August 2017 12:23:25 PM
Old 08-28-2017
It looks to me like you have a granularity problem. Four dots as a sample can fit a lot of functions, with intermediate datapoints from increased sampling rates you could then use fft to get good sine waves, for example.

You can code fft.c then call it using the system() function in awk. I think your awk supports that call.

A google for 'fft.c' got me 10 first page hits that looked respectably good. There are sites with an array of algorithmic variants to meet differing needs.

fft is gold standard for fitting data sampling output.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about wave file integrating.

Now I have two wave file(*.wav) at Tru64 Unix machine. I want to make a new wave file including the two wave file. how I should finish this programmer. If you know, can you give me the format of the wave file(*.wav) and Sun au file(*.au). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. Programming

Porting Rogue Wave to Linux

I am challenged with porting an old application from Solaris to Red Hat. The application uses Rogue Wave and I am searching for a Red Hat implementation. Your help is appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunkyWinkerbean
2 Replies
BRP-PACU(1)						      General Commands Manual						       BRP-PACU(1)

NAME
brp-pacu - dual fft live audio analysis program SYNOPSIS
brp-pacu DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the brp-pacu program. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. brp-pacu is an audio analysis tool to configure any sound system with an equalizer. It compares the output of the system to the input of the system and allows you to use this data to perform final equalization by matching the results with actual DSP/EQ. Channel 1 is the output of the system we are observing (measured), channel 2 is the input (reference). You also need a decent calibrated omnidrectional microphone (reasonably flat 20Hz-20kHz) and either a USB-Preamp like the 2-channel M-Audio, or a mixer with a 30dB pad or so going into the laptop mic input. No Pad is necessary if you are lucky enough to have a laptop or PC with a line input. The headphone out will have the pink noise. brp-pacu works through Jack Audio Connection Kit. OPTIONS
This program takes no arguments SEE ALSO
jackd(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jaromir Mike <mira.mikes@seznam.cz>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 28, 2011 BRP-PACU(1)