Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script Post 303002584 by Don Cragun on Monday 28th of August 2017 07:19:28 AM
Old 08-28-2017
You didn't say anything about there being header lines in your files that need to be ignored, so the code I suggested in post #5 in this thread would give you a count that is 1 more than the number of different customer IDs found in all of the .csv files in the directory in which you run that script. I assume that you can manually subtract 1 from the result printed or change the line in the code that prints the value of c to instead print c-1 to get the results you want.

Did you try running the code I suggested? Do you have some reason to think it is not doing what I described above?

If what I provided is not sufficient, please explain what it is doing wrong AND show us exactly the output you want from the sample input you provided.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use the programming in UNIX to count the total G+C and the GC%?What command li

Seems like can use awk and perl command. But I don't have the idea to write the command line. Thanks for all of your advise. For example, if I have the file whose content are: Sample 1. ATAGCAGAGGGAGTGAAGAGGTGGTGGGAGGGAGCT Sample 2. ACTTTTATTTGAATGTAATATTTGGGACAATTATTC Sample 3.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick chia
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory

how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory using perl script.. I mean if I have 10 files under a directory then I want to count the total number of lines of all the 10 files contain. Please help me in writing a perl script on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and find total count from multiple files

Please advice how can we search for a string say (abc) in multiple files and to get total occurrence of that searched string. (Need number of records that exits in period of time). File look like this (read as filename.yyyymmdd) a.20100101 b.20100108 c.20100115 d.20100122 e.20100129... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare count of two csv files

Hi Guys, I need to write a script to compare the count of two csv files each having 5 columns. Everyday a csv file is recived. Now we need to compare the count of todays csv file with yesterday's csv file and if the total count of records is same in todays csv file and yesterday csv file out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getting distinct record count from a .dat file using UNIX command

Hi, I have a .dat file with contents like the below: Input file ============SEQ NO-1: COLUMN1========== 9835619 7152815 ============SEQ NO-2: COLUMN2 ========== 7615348 7015548 9373086 ============SEQ NO-3: COLUMN3=========== 9373086 Expected Output: (I just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS06
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
verifier(1M)                                                Application Server Utility                                                verifier(1M)

NAME
verifier - validates the J2EE Deployment Descriptors against application server DTDs SYNOPSIS
verifier [-v] [-d destination_directory] [-r [a|w|f]] jar_filename Use the verifier utility to validate the J2EE deployment descriptors and the Sun ONE Application Server specific deployment descriptors. If the application is not J2EE compliant, an error message is printed. When you run the verifier utility, two results files are created in XML and TXT format. The location where the files are created can be configured using the -d option. The directory specified as the destination directory for result files should exist. If no directory is specified, the result files are created in the current directory. Result files are named as jar_filename_verified.xml and jar_filename_ver- ified.txt The XML file has various sections that are dynamically generated depending on what kind of application or module is being verified. The root tag is static-verification which may contain the tags application, ejb, web, appclient, connector, other, error and failure-count. The tags are self explanatory and are present depending on the type of module being verified. For example, an EAR file containing a web and EJB module will contain the tags application, ejb, web, other, and failure-count. If the verifier ran successfully, a result code of 0 is returned. A non-zero error code is returned if the verifier failed to run. OPTIONS
-v verbose debugging is turned on. -d identifies where the result files get placed. -r identifies the reporting level defined as one of the following: o a sets output reporting level to display all results (default) o w sets output reporting level to display warning and failure results o f sets output reporting level to display only failure results jar_filename name of the ear/war/jar file to perform static verification on. The results of verification are placed in two files jar_filename_verified.xml and jar_filename_verified.txt in the destination directory. Example 1: Using verifier in the Verbose Mode example% verifier -v -d /verifier-results -rf sample.ear Where -v runs the verifier in verbose mode, -d specifies the destination directory, and -rf displays only the failures. The results are stored in /verifier-results/sample.ear_verified.xml and /verifier-results/sample.ear_verified.txt. asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 verifier(1M)