Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with replacing a char
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with replacing a char Post 303002512 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 26th of August 2017 04:04:54 AM
Old 08-26-2017
Hello arunkumar_mca,

Could you please try following too and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk -F, '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i ~ /Y[0-9]+/){sub(/Y/,"H",$i)}}} 1' OFS=,   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing all 4 first upper char of every rec to lowercase ?

I have a file where some records have been updated the wrong way and need to fix it quickly since the amount can be alot. Every record where any of the first 4 characters are in upper case need to be changed to lowercase. Records can have '#' in position-1 for comments. These musn't be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

2. Programming

replacing char with string

how we can replace char with a string example char *a="a.s" so finally what i ant to do raplace a with ant and s sree so in my array a i want to store the value as "ant.sree" thank u in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

4. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing one Char in a string of variable length

Hi all, I am trying to find the best way of making a change to 1 char in a string, the string can be between 1 and 14 characters. I am reading a line in from a file which contains 012341231231:2:102939283:NNN: Require :NBN: 012838238232:3:372932:NNN: Require :NNB: I need to change 1 N or a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file and replacing char by position

Hi I'm looking for a way to read a text file that may contain 1000 records or more and each of these records has 460 characters. I need to read each record, and add a string of characters starting at position 256 for each record. Any suggestions using UNIX shell scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
4 Replies

8. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing char in filename scripts fails

Hi I'm trying to remove what I "think" is a bad character. How I got the bad character is when I downloaded jpgs onto my PC and then renamed the files using windows explorer. In cygwin, the files look like $ dir -l total 7840 ----------+ 1 None 3647968 Jul 21 08:41 2012-07-21\ (1).JPG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SailingDreams
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing multiple special chars with single char

Hi I've a string . And i need to replace set of characters with a single character Means .. or . or ... and so on should be replaced with single % character Irrespective of number of dots in between the characters , those should be replaced with single % All the above strings should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)